Prospeed exhausts Cardiff

JoshC

I have asked a similar question before in the 350 section but now that's gone and I'm picking up my 370 soon I've provisionally booked it I for 2 weeks time into Prospeed in Cardiff.

Firstly, when I spoke to Charlie he said there's already 2 370's booked in for the next week with them so was wondering if any of those guys are on here? 1 of them I think was called Simon and was having an electric valve fitted too?

Also, being as I can't find an exhaust which I really love on here on anywhere else online, I've decided to go custom. But of a risk because no idea what it will sound like, does anyone recommend against a custom one? He's wuoted me £480 all in for a cat back, much cheaper than off the shelf and they have a great rep!

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a 350, which Charlie did a car back on last year. I showed him the sound I wanted from YouTube clips and he nailed it. Nice a sporty not too raucous.

He's a top bloke and knows his stuff, we've had our corvette done there and my mate had his v10 m5 and it sounds amazing!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

great to hear.

i'm liking the custom exhaust idea and also giving the £ to some smaller and not big name exhaust guys.

esp as i've lost a bit of confidence having recently paid the big £'s and bought and fitted a scorpion exhaust to the bike and the result is that it was terrible for performance and their after sales service on the problem was a total joke. Unlike their sales and marketing dept which promises hp gains and no other changes needed which was all b.s.

Edited by chips

Yeah and the guy I used really does know his stuff and very helpful with any questions/requests etc so was happy to give him my money rather than an off the shelf brand, especially as it was probably half the price of a similar brand system!

I guess it's only talk but he did tell me that a guy with a 370 who recently had one of his exhuasts fitted then went to a tuner in London to have it mapped etc I guess and they said that they'd never seen better power gains with just a new cat back alone!

• 4 weeks later...

think i'm gonna go with this guy.

It's time to move on from just watching the rpm needle doing the 'S' mode dance and time to also be able to hear what's going on down there when I drop it back!

And get an armytrix type valve fitted, he can fit one of them in also at the same time or later.

what looks maybe even better though is the hks triple system it seems a pretty neat idea although the 'strong and powerful sound' description might be a bit of an understatement.

I suspect more like ear damaging race car!

http://www.gtrlife.c...haust-released/

Edited by chips

Still not had a chance to get a proper vid! Did get a quick one just revving it but crappy iphone mic does it no justice at all. My missus refuses to stand by the side of a road to film a drive by but I will get one soon :lol:

I too have had the same reaction to that request - something along the lines of "You want me to do what!? What's the point!?.....Errr...No!" :)

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for the motivation! :)

it got me off my ass and I'm getting me one of these too now. arb's are gonna have to wait.

would the ecutek take a different map for open and closed?

I did similar for my bike and was told baffle in and out made no difference, the same map would apply.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Always promoted Charlie everywhere I go.

Hes fitted exhausts to my Leon Cupra R, my Ibiza Cupra and my Ibiza Sportrider TDI.

All of them were excellent, they all sounded exactly as I wanted them too.

The Ibizas one was slightly out fitting wise, I took it back, he adjusted it, cleaned it and fixed it all up for me.

Used to live next door to his old garage and the cars I used to take photographs of, Perfection.

I'm out there next week for the fitting.

When I'm out there I wanna drive this road.

Does anyone know the road in this clip?

http://www.topgear.c...deos/5178566001

What a car as well, it was the only possible rival to the Z the end, the small issue of the price counted it out but :(

Great clip, this guy rocks, he's doing what I do, was up and out there at first light this morning to drive the country roads for an hour. And when the weather suits it will be out there on the bike.

Edited by chips

• 2 weeks later...

I'm out there next week for the fitting.

When I'm out there I wanna drive this road.

Does anyone know the road in this clip?

http://www.topgear.c...deos/5178566001

What a car as well, it was the only possible rival to the Z the end, the small issue of the price counted it out but :(

Great clip, this guy rocks, he's doing what I do, was up and out there at first light this morning to drive the country roads for an hour. And when the weather suits it will be out there on the bike.

Also to note, I know that road.

Well thats a series of roads but the main road and hairpin start here -

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.821121,-3.85751,3a,75y,28.39h,80.29t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1spNnDbAvLzpODaFxaPFcBXw!2e0?hl=en

Upper Brynammen? I think its called.