Engine Misfire when coming to a stop - Sometimes. . . .

live2themaxuk

Hey all

car has been great so far since Jan, but within the space of a month i have had this occur twice. I have been driving resonably sportingly, nothing heavy footed, then i may come to a stop and the car will be misfiring. I will feel it and my car will sound like a Subaru , lol. I will drive off like this and after about 10-15 secs it will clear itself and be fine again. . . . ummm

Its odd, i didnt seem to exprience this problem when i was in the UK, probably just co-incidence but the fuel in Guernsey isnt quite the same as in the UK. AFAIK we only have 97ron max, if that could make a diff.

Oddly there is NO ENGINE CHECK LIGHT either, would there be a fault code log if it though?

Any ideas?

Jamie

Any 3xx code with give you the light. Normally, a little transient misfire due to a little engine hiccup is not a problem. Just clear the code which clears the light. If you keep getting the misfire code, then investigate further. Connections, etc.

No light and no code would mean no real misfire. It may be a condition where the fuel cuts out and you get a little lurch from the car. This would happen most frequently when slowing down with high rpms and throttle pedal position zero (fully released). In this case, the fuel cuts out until the rpms drop down or the clutch is depressed. No code is thrown and no light -- it's considered "normal" operation.

Umm wel it defo sounds and feels 'misfirey'. I can accelerate and drive just shakes more and sounds like a boxer engine for about 10-15 seconds, but it has ONLY happened like you mentioned after coming to a stop usually after a spirited drive.

So it the symptoms fir that description i guess ill take that.

Saying that though, if i had a faulty coil pack that can be intermittant also. My mates R34 (corrected) GTT had one and one minute it was fine, the next, not so fine. Until mine starts happening more frequently, if i does, it would be hard to diagnose.

May still change the spark plugs though.

J