Flash Car Wash System - my quick review

H5

I picked one of these up from Robert Dyas the other day, on account of the fact it was only £9.99.

I used it on the Zed, Volvo and Lotus yesterday as a test. I'm not sure if many / any of you have got these already, but for those who can't be doing with the whole multi bucket (I use 4 normally) effort, it is a clever bit of kit. It has the wash solution built in for coating the car before mitt (NO SPONGE!) useage.

I have got an inline filter on my hose ready for use, but I thought I'd try this thing first, and I have to say the spotless dry does genuinely work. In a nutshell, it's de-ionised water (therefore almost pure) so when it dries it leaves no residue or spots. It took a lot of will power to not dry any of them, but even after a night of heavy dew, all the cars are still spot free. I even used it on the wheels.

In short, I'd recommend one (at £9.99 anyway!). In Robert Dyas, the refills for the thing are only £4.99 for 10 wash cartridges. It's especially useful for doing multiple cars as you don't have to worry about drying.

On the flip side, it doesn't help if you want to polish / wax.

I'm yet to use it when clay barring, which I think could be the real gain. :)

You can pick up the drying carts (and shampoo) for £1 in some pound shops now :) I stocked up the other day. In a hard water area like mine, they are a godsend, no chalky marks and no need to shammy. Excellent if you don't have time for a polish.

Disclaimer: I don't normally venture into pound shops but heard about this offer on t'internet, honest guv.

I got one of these purely for the water softener side £10 and i now have around 20odd washes worth. I wash the car as normal and then just use the deionised at the end to wash down the car.

(On a really hot day does not work as the normal water dries to quickly but if the suns not out it works a treat)

• 1 month later...

Used one of these for the first time this morning on the Z and the wife's Focus. Pretty good results considering the v.hard water around here. Need to wait for the weather to be less :cold: for a better test.

Does anybody know if the Flash instructions are b***s*** about having to use their shampoo? I used 200ml on two cars :scare: and even then I used 2 buckets and NXT in the middle of the wash. Cars were minging though :)

BTW a seller on eBay now has 4 x 10 wash filters for £10 delivered ;)

Used one of these for the first time this morning on the Z and the wife's Focus. Pretty good results considering the v.hard water around here. Need to wait for the weather to be less :cold: for a better test.

Does anybody know if the Flash instructions are b***s*** about having to use their shampoo? I used 200ml on two cars :scare: and even then I used 2 buckets and NXT in the middle of the wash. Cars were minging though :)

BTW a seller on eBay now has 4 x 10 wash filters for £10 delivered ;)

Don't know for sure on the other car wash stuff, but I used some CG Maxi Suds II through it and it worked better than with the Flash wash IMO.....

As long as it isn't too thick I would think you'd be OK. :thumbs: