Roadster Care

KS2006

Hiya's,

Hopefully all being well I should pickup my black 07 313 roadster next week :thumbs:

It will be the 1st softtop I've owned and it won't be garaged (will be off road to keep sticky fingers off).

Is there anything special required to look after roof (any special cleaning products etc) and anything I should be aware of.

Hope the local cats don't take a liking to it :boxing:

Cheers

Hi bud and congratulations. I have a Black roadster and again its the first soft top I have had for a long long time. Had it for just over a year and no issues so far. You will be spending plent of time cleaning the rest of the car but IMO they do look great when shiny. Plenty on the forum about that though.

I just give the roof a quick swill with light soap water mix when cleaning the car and rinse thoroughly. No fading ( this summer :scare:) and still looks as new.

Mine spends half its life parked at an oil refinery and no probs from that.

Just get used to the comments about the red face B)

Heh,

Ta for that - just wondered if you needed anythign special or anything needed silicon grease putting on it etc (I'm sure I read on the S2000 forum about certain parts of the hood mech needing attention though maybe the roof mech isn't anywhere near as complicated) - wondered if it followed for all vert's.

Dunno about red face - I've got a shaved head so a hat will be in order. Got sunburnt just test driving a convertible a couple of weeks ago! :blush:

Baseball cap - all I need is drum & bass and I'm sorted ;)

Lets face it, the roof has been up and down like a ... anyway, its been up and down a lot this year at short notice and no probs.

With that big heater in front its a relief to have the option, dont think youve missed out because I have driven it a lot during the winter with it down.

Whats the first mod then :p

Hiya's,

Hopefully all being well I should pickup my black 07 313 roadster next week :thumbs:

It will be the 1st softtop I've owned and it won't be garaged (will be off road to keep sticky fingers off).

Is there anything special required to look after roof (any special cleaning products etc) and anything I should be aware of.

Hope the local cats don't take a liking to it :boxing:

Cheers

got a brand new cover for sale if your intrested. not used cause i brought a garage!!

have fun in the roadster :)

Autoglym do a pack for fabric roofs.

One item is a cleaner which I don't use as it doesn't need it and the other item in the pack is a liquid for protecting the roof. Could do with doing mine again but I think it's near finished so could do with buying another pack but it works quite well.

http://www.autoglym.co.uk/enGB/product- ... p?v06VQ=GG