headunit replacement!

gumpy000

Hi guys and girls. Sorry I'm lazy but iv spent 35 mins reading through the posts and I still can get my head round it.

Is it possible to change the OLD headunit from my 2005 'Z' with an aftermarket one.

For example if I pop down to Halford can I pick up a headunit and lead and replace it simple as???

cheers! !

you will need the corrrect ISO leads, also do you have steering wheel controls? you will need a lead for that too, i also hear theres a lead to amplify the sounds for the bose system as it can go very quiet after installing aftermarket headunits, Sorry to add to your confusion lol!

I have the Pioneer x2600bt and it's awesome. Here is a bit from a PM I sent to another member who was asking about it and fitting:

You just need a kit with all the leads and patch lead etc. I used this seller and he was great and it all worked perfect, steering controls etc http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351172598255 kit is 2003-06, he does the years above same price too.

Then I got this lead for my Iphone 4 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321528308984 You need one for your phone for appmode.

It's easy to fit if you've fitted stereos before and have the basic tools required. The main loom for the stereo is just plug and play with the kit :) I used the reverse bulb wire which require removing the rear light for the signal for the reverse camera and brought a £10 universal night-vision camera off Amazon. It's all easy to do, took me a day but I was enjoying myself and taking my time. Just don't make your battery go flat blasting music like me!

Looks good at night B)

3Afep5q.jpg

The standard ISO lead uses RCA's so the sound is quiet. You can follow busters guide to splice them open for an amplified sound though.

I think I need to do this as it's just loud enough but not great. It's better when the phone is plugged in than via bluetooth but that's less convenient.