Anyone had any experience with a Lupo GTI

Bems

Just to throw a cat amongst the pigeons.

Have you looked at 306 gti6's

Cracking fun cars, light weight 6 speed manual (one of the first cars ever to be sold with one)167bhp, drives like a go kart, goes like a rocket, understated but refined.

I had one and loved it and would be cheaper than the Lupe to buy

Trying to keep my search local'ish. I'd travel as far as Glasgow for the right car but in all honesty at this time of year & with everything else that's going on justnow I'd rather it was a car in or around Aberdeen. I know that's not doing me much good but hey I never thought the Lupo would come up for sale so close by.

So I've offered £3500 for the Lupo today. Just waiting to hear back. Offer is based on a second viewing as it was lashing it down when I first viewed it. He has other interest so I've left offer open for a little while but that's my top offer, see what happens.

For me, aluminium panels, solid build quality, good residuals, xenons, six speed box, low mileage & its a VAG so plenty retro fit mods. Just a few. Not many good low mileage hatches for a grand that I can think of, none that aren't full of rot or made of tracing paper.