Standard Sound System - Expandability

Kuro

ok folks, here's a dilemma for ya... :blush:

For one reason or another (looks, phone kit etc) I could really do with keeping the standard HU in my zed.

So, what options does that give me in terms of upgrades, yes I know it's limited B) I know that I can upgrade the speakers, with some simple like for like swapping work, what about a sub, is there any way to achieve this with the standard(ish) setup..?

You are right in saying the Bose is a low impedance system. Your only option if you want to upgrade and keep the standard unit would be to speak to someone like Genesis over in Essex as they can retro-fir RCA's preouts to existing standard units. Very populare with the E46's etc so it keep s the factory look. If you do that though, you are then lookingat going down the route of aftermarket speakers and amplifiers etc....

If you have none Bose, your good to go the speakers are normal 4 ohm Jobbies,

I would also get an Amp that can take high level inputs ( ie your speaker wires ) and use that to drive the Speakers, you can also get interface box`s that convert the high level outputs from your stereo to RCA level signals, and then feed those to a normal Amp

Steve