How much!!!!

xStric9x

Hi all.

Along with the z we also have a pug 206gti...today i decided to get a quote on a full service for the 206 (p3). OMG £279.99 for a 2L 16v pug, so then i asked for a minor service (p1) :scare: £179.99 What the hell peugeot, oh and its £10 more if you want additives added :angry:

Watch prices everywhere go up for servicing. The country is not buying new cars (those that are, are Trade Sales victims) so dealers have to subsidise the tough period somehow. Does seem extreme for a little French hatch though.

Watch prices everywhere go up for servicing. The country is not buying new cars (those that are, are Trade Sales victims) so dealers have to subsidise the tough period somehow. Does seem extreme for a little French hatch though.

I think the price is crazy.

When i asked about a minor service i was told £179 and this includes an oil and filter change, i replied with "i don't need a filter change as i have a k+n panel filter". She only meant the oil filter :surrender:

So for 4 ltrs of oil and filter £179 :rant::angry:

The car is getting on a bit now (99 v) so i will do it myself, but i can tell you one thing.... i will not be buying another pug.

£179 for a minor service is ridiculous.

I do a full level 2 for £179 ( plus the VAT ) which includes Oil, Oil Filter, Air Filter, Plugs ( or Fuel Filter if Diesel ), Remove Wheels and inspect Tyre wear and report on Wheel Alignment, Inspect Steering and Suspension components for correct operation and wear, Strip and clean Brakes front and rear and report on condition, Check Exhaust, Brake Pipes, Fuel Lines and general underbody condition, Check and top up Coolant, Anti Freeze, Screen Wash, Bulbs, Wipers etc. Grease all hinges, check Tyre Pressures and road test vehicle.

How they can justify £179 for an Oil change is beyond me.

£179 for a minor service is ridiculous.

I do a full level 2 for £179 ( plus the VAT ) which includes Oil, Oil Filter, Air Filter, Plugs ( or Fuel Filter if Diesel ), Remove Wheels and inspect Tyre wear and report on Wheel Alignment, Inspect Steering and Suspension components for correct operation and wear, Strip and clean Brakes front and rear and report on condition, Check Exhaust, Brake Pipes, Fuel Lines and general underbody condition, Check and top up Coolant, Anti Freeze, Screen Wash, Bulbs, Wipers etc. Grease all hinges, check Tyre Pressures and road test vehicle.

How they can justify £179 for an Oil change is beyond me.

Completely agree. You could roll down to a local Kwik Fit or similar and probably get the oil change done for £50.

I was completly right £179.99 for an oil and filter change :scare::scare::scare:

Yet they have only charged me £190 for a timing belt and pulley change :wacko:

Who the hell is in charge of servicing...Gordan Brown :wacko:

:lol::lol::lol:

If so, they'd then use the money to pay people that make oil filters while they're on strike.

Find a local mechanic or do it yourself. :thumbs: