Solicitors help needed

sl114

Just a quick question to see if anyone is on here who can help out with me buying an apartment.

Basically i am doing some searching for a good solicitors, not too expensive and one who can deal with shared ownership.

Does anyone on here know of anyone or can point me in the right direction?

Cheers all

L

Just a quick question to see if anyone is on here who can help out with me buying an apartment.

Basically i am doing some searching for a good solicitors, not too expensive and one who can deal with shared ownership.

Cheers all

L

If you don't mind dealing with someone in Liverpool I can.

Cheers all

L

liverpool solicitors are girls that hang around street corners arnt they...........!!

Not really answering your query mate - but why are you specifically needing a solicitor to get a shared ownership apartment?

We were *this* close to getting a shared-ownership apartment in Bristol last year, but didn't bother going ahead with it cos the plots were crap.

Unless you're trying to do something "special"?

Cheers all

L

Sounds good to me

:thumbs:

liverpool solicitors are girls that hang around street corners arnt they...........!!

Not really answering your query mate - but why are you specifically needing a solicitor to get a shared ownership apartment?

We were *this* close to getting a shared-ownership apartment in Bristol last year, but didn't bother going ahead with it cos the plots were crap.

Really? i was under the impression i need one as its the same as every development you purchase.

Really? i was under the impression i need one as its the same as every development you purchase.

Well, yeah, you *will* need to have a solicitor at some point, but not necessarily for helping you get the property in the first place.

You'll need to get yourself registered with the local housing register(s) first though, and try to make yourself as down-trodden as possible, cos otherwise you'll be at the bottom of the list. Maybe borrow a kid when you visit the council office to register...

No need to borrow one as i have a daughter, lol.

Im all done on that part and i have my first offer and its all going through with the property. As of wednesday it will be reserved for me so i need to get going with exhange, hence i need a solicitor for that. Or someone similar.

No need to borrow one as i have a daughter, lol.

Im all done on that part and i have my first offer and its all going through with the property. As of wednesday it will be reserved for me so i need to get going with exhange, hence i need a solicitor for that. Or someone similar.

Ah, sorry, misunderstood mate. :blush:

Out of interest - you buying in London?

Hi sl114.. we're in the process of selling a shared ownership property and know all about the joys of being in a share-ownership.. basically, how much longer everything takes! I can't recommend our solicitor enough - they've been very pro-active and given top advice on our case. They're local to me though, so not sure how this'll work out for you in terms of location. Check out http://www.fosterharrington.co.uk or PM me if you require any other details. :)

can't recommend these guys enough Louis. They were very efficient and rang with daily updates.

http://www.enact-online.co.uk/

And I had the opposite experience a couple of years ago. :wacko::dry:

Just got this...

"The quotation engine is currently offline.

The quote engine is unable to process new instructions at this time.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, please check back soon.

Customer Services."

Poor effort!

When I bought my house I was barely there. I got a financial advisor (big sisters friend) to sort everything out and my dads buisiness solicitor. He doesn't really do many houses but he was magic and offered to bill the company instead of me too! I declined...

I just put their heads together and was there to sign on my 22nd Birthday. Although I had to beg my boss to be home as he wanted me in Abu dhabi that week!