Not 350z- But Yaris funny noise

alscar

Bit of a funny noise coming from the Yaris... When you brake firmly theres a 'clunk' noise.... Doesnt make that noise any other time and theres no other problems with the brakes that I can feel.

Theres no lose of braking, and no pulling at all.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be??

Sounds a bit worrying!

Bit of a funny noise coming from the Yaris... When you brake firmly theres a 'clunk' noise.... Doesnt make that noise any other time and theres no other problems with the brakes that I can feel.

Theres no lose of braking, and no pulling at all.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be??

Sounds a bit worrying!

Its not your pasengers head hitting the dashboard? :wacko:

Having had a Yaris (or at least my wife did) for about 3 years we had no probs at all - no doubt you have checked that its nothing like the spare wheel or someting in the under-seat tray moving about? The other possible cause might be the exhaust - if the engine mounts are getting a bit tired?

• 1 month later...
Really odd...... Suspension, brakes, wheel barings, ball joints have all been checked and they say they cant find anything wrong!

Still makes the noise though! :wacko: Its a mystery!

Anti roll bar bushes fail on these regularly, hard to tell sometimes visualy but it will clunk when braking if they have.

Sats