Speaker Sizes...

RichCox350Z

Been covered I expect a few times now.. But I cannot find the thread no matter how hard I look or search!!

Can someone please tell me the dimensions for the front door and rear speakers please, I wanna start my audio upgrade, but want it all here ready first as its my daily drive...

Thanks guys!

I'm guessing you're talking more than just 6.5 diameter and want to know depth specs?

If so I can't help but I know the rears you'll fit any 6.5 easily as there's loads of depth.

Fronts you'll likely need spacers depending on the brand I guess.

I'm going to be installing some Alpine SPG-17CS component speakers in the doors either today or tomorrow. What exactly do you need to know?

From what I have found on the net, the front and rears are both 6.5". The rears will fit fine as there is lots of depth and for the fronts most people cut the old bose speakers out of the OEM mounts and use them. That's what i'm going to try.

Eventually im planning on swapping out the rears but cutting out the original mounts to fit 6x9's and wire through to an amp behind the passenger seat. Are you thinking of doing the same?

Not sure what to do about the sub yet...

Well yeah, in a nutshell. Probably keep the rear speakers as 6.5" though.

With the sub, I'm thinking of buying a decent 10" sub, then see how it would sound running through the original Bose amp/wiring first. If it sounds poor, then I'll bypass the OEM amp and buy a decent amp to fit into the passenger glove box and re-wire.

Only thing I need to establish is the depth on door speakers on OEM mounts, then see what I can buy without too much modding, just anything is better than the standard speakers. :lol:

I will hopefully be getting started on them in the next couple of hours so I will let you know the depth using the OEM mounts.

Yeh the standard bose speakers are awful! Was the same with my RX8. You think you're getting a premium sound system as standard and then after a week you realise it ain't so premium :dry: