F....kin Ell and other such profanaties

bytespc

Just had a Falken sidewall give up on me and on my new wheels too.....OUCH......quick visual check the wheel isn't nibbled so it looks like all the air didn't escape until I was home, managed re-inflate but the inner sidewall is bulging all over the show and car drives like the wheels are going to fall off, so ordered two replacement's as I want the tread patterns to match and to be honest I don't trust the old tyre that's left, tyre place did a visual check and ran his fingers round the inner and outer rim and its all smooth s fingers crossed its just the tyres. :(

Edited by bytespc

Falken 453 ? how many miles on them ? what tyres have you ordered ?

Its a 452 and no idea of age but had good tread left, they are the last remnants of the previous owner who judging by the state of the alloys that were fitted to my car ran them at far too low a pressure as all the old wheels looked like a shark had taken bites out of the rims.

Was it a front one?.. if so do you think it may have been related to the issue you had from the bad alloy that forced you into a full wheel replacement?.

It was exactly the tyre that was originally on the borked royally rim, the garage that fitted the wheels obviously did a visual check and as far as they could tell they where ok but hindsight is a fickle mistress and I wish to god Id had them replaced with the wheels, just hope to god that the wheel is ok.

Edited by bytespc

Falken 453 ? how many miles on them ? what tyres have you ordered ?

Its a 452 and no idea of age but had good tread left, they are the last remnants of the previous owner who judging by the state of the alloys that were fitted to my car ran them at far too low a pressure as all the old wheels looked like a shark had taken bites out of the rims.

low pressure, old tyres (they have out of production for a while)... weak sidewalls :doh:

good the alloy seems ok :thumbs:

Was it a front one?.. if so do you think it may have been related to the issue you had from the bad alloy that forced you into a full wheel replacement?.

It was and the same wheel , obviously as the tyres are directional etc the same tyre went back on the same side, fingers crossed its just the tyres

It was exactly the tyre that was originally on the borked royally rim, the garage that fitted the wheels obviously did a visual check and as far as they could tell they where ok but hindsight is a fickle mistress and I wish to god Id had them replaced with the wheels, just hope to god that the wheel is ok.

ive said this a few times, i find falken tyres to be rubbish.

Have had 452s and 453s and after a while they have absolutely no grip and the sidewalls are weak as hell

My trusted garage guy said exactly the same when they serviced the car and yes I did get an I told you so when I ordered the replacenents :(