Brembo front brake pads

K&N 33-2399 replacement filter X2

K&N HP-1008 oil filter

Nissan premix L248 engine coolant X10L

Nissan brake fluid KE903-99932

Nissan fan/alternator belt

Nissan sump plug washer

Total cost £436.26

I've never serviced a car in my life, my dad has recently purchased a four post car lift which admittedly made this all possible but the satisfaction of doing and knowing it's done is great, yes it took me all day so make sure you have plenty of bacon and coffee in :-)

Go on give it a go!!

• Like 2

Just some encouragement for anyone unsure about servicing their own car

SERVICE ITEMS

Fuchs Titan Race Pro S

Nissan differential oil

Nissan transmission oil

Molyslip gearbox protector

Denso iridium spark plug X6

Brembo front brake pads

K&N HP-1008 oil filter

Nissan sump plug washer

Total cost £436.26

I've never serviced a car in my life, my dad has recently purchased a four post car lift which admittedly made this all possible but the satisfaction of doing and knowing it's done is great, yes it took me all day so make sure you have plenty of bacon and coffee in :-)

Go on give it a go!!

Yeah I do it's a great feeling of satisfaction I bought my 07 HR 350z a few months ago with 4 stamps in the book from just local garages but there was no paperwork to say what had been done. So I just thought I'm gonna blitz it and do the lot now I'm a happy boy :-)

• 2 months later...

Well done bud, satisfying isn't it :)

People should remember though, that just changing fluids and filters doesn't constitute a full service. There's a bit more to it than that. The car needs to be properly inspected for signs of wear and tear. The wheels need to come off, brakes inspected and cleaned up, wheel bearings checked, tyres checked etc etc. And just before anyone says otherwise, passing an MOT does not mean there are no faults with the car.

• Like 1

In terms of cost, I always notice people service their cars regularly and keep changing over Iridium plugs, they are pricey and the only benefit of them over copper plugs is the lifespan - if you are servicing regularly save yourself a fair chunk of cash and get coppers.

• Like 1

Just some encouragement for anyone unsure about servicing their own car

SERVICE ITEMS

Fuchs Titan Race Pro S

Nissan differential oil

Nissan transmission oil

Molyslip gearbox protector

Denso iridium spark plug X6

Brembo front brake pads

K&N HP-1008 oil filter

Nissan sump plug washer

Total cost £436.26

Go on give it a go!!

Yeah I do it's a great feeling of satisfaction I bought my 07 HR 350z a few months ago with 4 stamps in the book from just local garages but there was no paperwork to say what had been done. So I just thought I'm gonna blitz it and do the lot now I'm a happy boy :-)

once you get bitten by the bug there's no going back ;)
  • Like 1

Couldn't agree more mate I did as much of what your talking about as I could I'm lucky that mine is really low mileage it does still need checking, I plan to book mine into Cougar just once a year for them to check over, even with this added cost it's still far better and more cost effective.

Well done bud, satisfying isn't it :)

People should remember though, that just changing fluids and filters doesn't constitute a full service. There's a bit more to it than that. The car needs to be properly inspected for signs of wear and tear. The wheels need to come off, brakes inspected and cleaned up, wheel bearings checked, tyres checked etc etc. And just before anyone says otherwise, passing an MOT does not mean there are no faults with the car.

In terms of cost, I always notice people service their cars regularly and keep changing over Iridium plugs, they are pricey and the only benefit of them over copper plugs is the lifespan - if you are servicing regularly save yourself a fair chunk of cash and get coppers.

Your right mate I bought mine from Clarks who did a pretty good deal as I bought pads and other bits at the same time, Nissan recommen changing these every 5 years and though when I bought the car it had service stamps there was no records of what had been done so I thought sod it do em, I only plan to keep the car max 3-4 years then onward and upward :-)

• Like 1