Cosworth Plenum

TDI

I can't understand anyone buying anything this expensive without proof of the gains :wacko: Looks lovely but i don't drive around with my bonnet off :lol:

Not to be too critical would it not benefit you if you had the proof of results from this product if the gains were true? :surrender:

There is quite a back log of people waiting to buy them. I guess they either like the look of them or trust that Cosworth know what they are doing.

We have the official Cosworth internal evaluation data which shows the improvement over standard and over a spacer kit, but we will conduct our own testing too.

Hope this helps :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isnt it the case that there will be no gains anyway as the ecu will rectify any gains back to normal anyway, and then even if you do flash the ecu, its self learning anyway, so there wont be any gains unless the ecu is managaed by a ecu upgrade or retuned by the likes of an fcon IS? So the space wont create any gains nor would a cosworth plenum? :wacko:

To a point. If there is more air coming in, to keep the fuel:air ratio the same, more fuel should go in, result being bigger bang........

Which is why a plenum spacer / larger plenum should theoretically give a bit more oomph.

:wacko:

I can't understand anyone buying anything this expensive without proof of the gains :wacko: Looks lovely but i don't drive around with my bonnet off :lol:

Not to be too critical would it not benefit you if you had the proof of results from this product if the gains were true? :surrender:

There is quite a back log of people waiting to buy them. I guess they either like the look of them or trust that Cosworth know what they are doing.

We have the official Cosworth internal evaluation data which shows the improvement over standard and over a spacer kit, but we will conduct our own testing too.

Hi mate is it possible to post this whilst we wait for yours so we can compare?

official Cosworth internal evaluation data

That's what I'm waiting for! :thumbs:

How many people have you sold to and got waiting? :)

All road users or any racing ones?

Isnt it the case that there will be no gains anyway as the ecu will rectify any gains back to normal anyway, and then even if you do flash the ecu, its self learning anyway, so there wont be any gains unless the ecu is managaed by a ecu upgrade or retuned by the likes of an fcon IS? So the space wont create any gains nor would a cosworth plenum? :wacko:

The increase is a result of reducing the intake restrictions, changing the intake runner lenghths and increasing the volume of the plenum - not by changing the a/f ratio or spak advance, although fine tuning of these will be beneficial :)

The increase is a result of reducing the intake restrictions, changing the intake runner lenghths and increasing the volume of the plenum - not by changing the a/f ratio or spak advance, although fine tuning of these will be beneficial :)

Now that makes sense, so the claims that cosworth make is that with a tuned engine or oem? :)

Hi mate is it possible to post this whilst we wait for yours so we can compare?

official Cosworth internal evaluation data

Hi, sorry but it was provided to us on a confidential basis. Cosworth did tell me that they were preparing a version for public consumption although we don't have it yet.