370z Lower Grill colour?

arow

I'm Currently on the lookout for a 370z, I had a 350 a couple of years ago and got rid of it for some silly reason to replace it with a diesel SLK :unsure:

Anyway, quite like the look of a 370 I have seen (in terms of age / mileage / warranty etc) - and its a Nissan Cared 4

The front lower bumper grill makes me a touch nervous however... It is painted silver, and I have only ever seen them black. Did any of them come standard or as an option of body colour? Just makes me think it has has a new bumper / painted at some point in its life?

2fe8c01f5abb3dc8922d075f472931f7.jpg

The front lower bumper grill makes me a touch nervous however... It is painted silver, and I have only ever seen them black. Did any of them come standard or as an option of body colour? Just makes me think it has has a new bumper / painted at some point in its life?

Could have just been the owners idea of a mod as maybe he/she thought it looked better that way.

If you think it's been in a bump or something then you just need to do the normal used car checks ~ look for over spray, masking lines, colour mismatch, check shut lines, make sure things line up etc etc.

These cars are prone to stone chips though don't forget so it could just be that the bumper was resprayed in order to repair stone chips etc. :thumbs:

Thanks. Yes I didn't think it would be an option . I couldn't actually put my finger on why it looked different when I first saw it.

@ GMballistic - yes I did think it may have just been the owners preference. Repainting due to stone chips is a good thought too. I haven't even spoken to the dealer yet, just wanted to check this out first. Awkwardly I dont think I could view prior to buying due to the cars location. Mechanical condition isn't worrying me too much as it has FNSH and 2 years warranty but general condition can be a bit subjective and their 'mint' might not be what I think it is!

Edited by arow

Awkwardly I dont think I could view prior to buying due to the cars location. Mechanical condition isn't worrying me too much as it has FNSH and 2 years warranty but general condition can be a bit subjective and their 'mint' might not be what I think it is!

That's always a problem when cars are far away ~ I've had a few wasted 100+ mile journeys before when searching for cars due to someones idea of "mint" being my idea of "fair-poor" condition. :thumbdown:

If you've the time maybe just wait for a more local one to come up or bite the bullet and drive up to see it. Definitely wouldn't be putting any deposits down though on a car I hadn't seen in person though. But I'm sure you wouldn't either. ;)

has it done enough miles that it would need need a respray due to stone chips ?

I know what you're getting at but personally that massively varies.

Depends on the condition of the roads that it's being used on and how close to other vehicles in front the previous owners have driven imo. ;)

Definitely a valid thing to bring up though as rightly so if it's particularly low mileage you would have thought it unlikely to be so stone chipped that it needs a respray but you never know. :dry::thumbs:

has it done enough miles that it would need need a respray due to stone chips ?

I know what you're getting at but personally that massively varies.

Depends on the condition of the roads that it's being used on and how close to other vehicles in front the previous owners have driven imo. ;)

Definitely a valid thing to bring up though as rightly so if it's particularly low mileage you would have thought it unlikely to be so stone chipped that it needs a respray but you never know. :dry::thumbs:

Just thinking if it isn't for stone chips then it leaves cosmetic or damage repaired mate

• Like 1

The car is on 24,000 miles so you wouldn't have thought it would need a respray but I guess you never know.

The car is located in N Ireland which makes a viewing not worth it seeing as there is a stretch of water in the way! I need to have a chat with them really, they closed early today so didn't have a chance. I am mainly interested in seeing what they would take for it as I wouldn't mind a bit of a road trip to pick it up.... might even pose as a bit of a bargaining chip to get the price down further seeing as it is non standard!