Petrol smell

Gl51

Get a really strong smell of petrol when driving. smell seems to come from from outside the car ??

I've checked and smell seems to be comming from the filler cap .... I know you will get a bit of smell but this is really strong . Any ideas please ....!!!!!!!

I would have thought any fumes from the filler cap would travel down wind of the driving seat as you drive along?

Wouldn't it be more likely to be coming from the engine bay if you can smell it while driving, unless you only smell it when stopped?

Check around the engine bay, perhaps if there was a small leak, the vapours are carry through into the cabin. A long shot, but worth 5 mins!

Check around the engine cover for the black rubber fuel lines, start the engine in the driveway and check under the car, you should see pretty fast if there is the tiniest of leaks. Better checking with a cold engine too....dont want fuel dripping on to a hot exhaust pipe.

Right ! On way home Just as I got to my road had very faint smell of petrol with windows open when I stopped I checked every place top to bottom front to back the only place that had the smell was the filler flap I opened the flap undone cap there was no hiss !!!! So maybe it is the cap???(MARTINJJ)

any ideas where to get one

Bet Nissan cost ££££

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had friend with same problem (different car) and after many weeks....turned out to be the fuel filler cap. They could even smell it when driving also. You would be amazed how smelly a faulty cap can make a car inside and out. It's got to be the cheapest option first. Hope you get to the bottom of it