Car Wrapping Question (and also where's best in East Anglia?)

dombooth

Hi,

I have a question regarding a full car wrap.

If my Zed has been previously wrapped, can I have a wrap put over the top?

Also, how hard is it to remove a wrap to see what the stock paint job is like underneath?

And if anyone knows the cheapest/best value place to have a full car wrap in East Anglia that'd be awesome!

Thanks,

You'd want to remove the old wrap before applying more for sure. It's not that hard atall, just a little tedious is all. Providing the paintwork was ok it will be damage free. Removing it, heat can help. But it tends to go brittle so expect to be peeling off in pieces. As I say not hard, just can be a bit time consuming is all.

• Like 1

I wrap for a living...the wrap has to be removed prior to a new wrap being fitted. The wrap should be reasonably easy to remove as thats what its designed to do so shouldnt be brittle unless a non wrap material was used...or some crap vinyl from china!!...keep away!!

Wrapping isnt easy, there are rules that you have to stick to, if you adhere to these rules then you shouldnt have a problem. Post heating is a must. If you dont post heat to the recommended temperature your wrap WILL fail. Wraps are not cheap...its like anything, buy cheap you get cheap. Dont get your Zed wrapped for less than 1700...it may look good but will have been rushed, finishing wont be up to scratch, lights, indicators, badges, aerials etc etc may not have been removed and short cuts may well have been taken including cutting on the car...a no no. I always use Avery Supreme, its the best wrapping material, id only use this on my zed, 3m and hexis are good too but not as good as Avery in my humble opinion.

As Scott said, if youve had a bad respray, wrapping it will damage the paintwork and as Stevo said, wrapping and cheap dont go together!!

At the end of the day, your Zed deserves the best!! Shop around, ask questions like how long will it take (usually 3 days), what material (go for Avery supreme) and lastly how much!!! Good luck buddy. :D