Self servicing

liamgdr

My car is due a p1, am I right in thinking this is just an oil and filter change?

Im going to do the service myself, but what do I do with the book, would you write self service in the appropriate box?

Im not sure if this would have much effect on the resale value of the car, what do you guys do, I'm certainly not going to pay for a garage just to do an oil change.

Cheers Liam.

Hi Liam,

Yes the P1 is basically just an oil change and inspection.

Service schedule here for the 350z: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/31110-service-schedule-for-a-350z/

Not sure what year your Zed is but they are older cars so I wouldn't worry too much about it damaging resale values especially with just an oil change. If it was me I'd write it in the appropriate section the mileage, date it, sign it with what I've done and a note of any invoice numbers for the oil filter, sump plug & oil. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Hi Liam,

Yes the P1 is basically just an oil change and inspection.

Service schedule here for the 350z: http://www.350z-uk.c...ule-for-a-350z/

Not sure what year your Zed is but they are older cars so I wouldn't worry too much about it damaging resale values especially with just an oil change. If it was me I'd write it in the appropriate section the mileage, date it, sign it with what I've done and a note of any invoice numbers for the oil filter, sump plug & oil. :thumbs:

I thought that would be the case cheers.

Something else that is bugging me is the difference between a p2 and p3, I've tried searching the forum but all the posts I've read say theres no difference except the you get charged more for a p3 :wacko:

Surely that can't be right?

It is right. The Nissan 'P' service schedule relates to other Nissan cars also, hence item 15: "L.S.D. gear oil (except viscous coupling type)".

The Zed has a viscous L.S.D, therefore the P2 and P3 services are identical.

Now the pricing problem arises when garages make their own interpretation of the service schedule, e.g. including plug changes or coolant etc. and charging more for their version of a P3. The Nissan schedule classifies these items (and others, not necessarily Zed items, i.e. cambelt) as: "Additional service items at additional cost". And can therefore be added to any service as required at the specified intervals, be it a P1,2 or 3.

You can check this in your service book page 18 onwards. If you don't have it, a link to a pdf copy is here (link in post 8 still works): http://www.350z-uk.c...vice-checklist/

Edited by Watshot

It is right. The Nissan 'P' service schedule relates to other Nissan cars also, hence item 15: "L.S.D. gear oil (except viscous coupling type)".

The Zed has a viscous L.S.D, therefore the P2 and P3 services are identical.

Now the pricing problem arises when garages make their own interpretation of the service schedule, e.g. including plug changes or coolant etc. and charging more for their version of a P3. The Nissan schedule classifies these items (and others, not necessarily Zed items, i.e. cambelt) as: "Additional service items at additional cost". And can therefore be added to any service as required at the specified intervals, be it a P1,2 or 3.

You can check this in your service book page 18 onwards. If you don't have it, a link to a pdf copy is here (link in post 8 still works): http://www.350z-uk.c...vice-checklist/

Thanks for clearing that up