Rear Locking Actuator

BACON

Can anyone please assist me in my search for a boot locking actuator (part 12 as highlighted on the attachment)?

I have been dismantling the boot locking mechanism on a weekly basis for the past 2 months after it began seizing after I popped the boot and therefore it would not allow me to shut / close or secure the boot lid. Each time this occurs I have to remove the locking mechanism plate with its 8 gold bolts; unscrew and remove the seized actuator in order to dismantle the actuator module to reset the 2 plastic cogs inside which get stuck at a full-turn.

Although this was very annoying and time consuming, it was manageable. Unfortunately now it has now done this in reverse and therefore the boot is locked closed and I have no access to the locking mechanism or the seized actuator!

I believe from some research I've done I should be able to get into the boot with the emergency cord (located under the rear strut brace) and with a simple pull the boot should manually release but I do need to get a replacement part before performing this pull.

I have spoken to Nissan and they quoted £208.80 inc V.A.T :scare: as they will not sell me the actuator as a lone part but instead I have to purchase the entire boot locking mechanism and plate......what a con! :rant:

Can anyone assist or point me in the right direction to sourcing this actuator please? :)

post-11619-0-24957500-1410642811_thumb.jpg

Or search ebay for breaking Zeds around your area- you might be able to go and take it off yourself

Just tried this Vlad and already had one guy email me back.......not found one yet but he is looking for me! :)

:thumbs: good luck mate, hope you find it soon

This is the one part of car design or progress that really winds me up. The days of mechanics being fitters & mechanics instead of "technicians" who just throw pre-assembled parts at problems have gone because the manufacturers have designed parts to be sealed units and as a result in a lot of cases being unrepairable. Consult software is plugged in and whatever part it says is faulty is thrown at the car. I suppose I'm a bit of a Luddite but i get an immense sense of satisfaction when fixing something as opposed to fitting something that costs a fortune. I agree with you Bacon ts a con, an outrageously expensive con. You have a PM.

Have you tried; Dewsbury Auto salvage (on ebay), FCS 0121 3278214 (I've used these before), Intapart 01327 310511 (used these before also), Easy Jap Parts 01214590077, Nippon Spares 0800 031 9915. I've a few more breakers numbers if you don't have any success with any of these.

Edited by samsniss350z
  • Like 1