Sunset Orange

G1uk2010

In that case you might just try something like Meguiars Ultimate Compound, that's as good as anything by hand and cheap too.

For wax, there's a billion choices, but I'm a fan of the DJ Supernatural for ease of use and great finishes on all paint types.

Polish isn't coloured, or at least nothing decent is!

Are you going to polish by hand, or with machine?

I have a few little scuffs on the bumper and a very minor scratch on the door, I need something to try an get the worse out. I'm sure the door will come up as new.

Dodo jucie do a wax for orange/yellow/red cars called orange crush I think, I haven't tried it but it has good reviews. As for polish like ekona says they don't come for colour type, but the can come come for different cutting componds (but thats just for machine polishing really). Meguiars stuff is good for polishing by hand.

Dodo jucie do a wax for orange/yellow/red cars called orange crush I think, I haven't tried it but it has good reviews. As for polish like ekona says they don't come for colour type, but the can come come for different cutting componds (but thats just for machine polishing really). Meguiars stuff is good for polishing by hand.

I'll get some meguiars at the weekend and give it a good going over. Can you recommend anything to try and get a few light scratches out?

It will be tuff by hand depending on the depth of the scratches. If you can get your fingernail in the scratch you have no chance. Make sure the area is clean because you don't want to be rubbing in dirt as that will just cause more scratches. Sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious. Clay bar would be good. As for polishing you are going to have to use a fair bit elbow grease and see how it comes up (it may take a little while so don't worry if it doesn't look much different after a few seconds). Don't be scared to use decent force you are not going to harm the paint polishing by hand. If you can get your hands on a dual action buffer you should have no problem if they aren't deep (keep away from rotary buffers if you are inexperienced using them). Hope that helps buddy, good luck!

It will be tuff by hand depending on the depth of the scratches. If you can get your fingernail in the scratch you have no chance. Make sure the area is clean because you don't want to be rubbing in dirt as that will just cause more scratches. Sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious. Clay bar would be good. As for polishing you are going to have to use a fair bit elbow grease and see how it comes up (it may take a little while so don't worry if it doesn't look much different after a few seconds). Don't be scared to use decent force you are not going to harm the paint polishing by hand. If you can get your hands on a dual action buffer you should have no problem if they aren't deep (keep away from rotary buffers if you are inexperienced using them). Hope that helps buddy, good luck!

Don't mind a bit of elbow grease :) ill get some bits in and give the marks a going over then give it a good polish.... If the rain ever holds out on my days off lol

Just watch how you use the megs ultimate compound, its not like some polishes were you can cover a couple of panels before removing it. Do small areas as if left too long I found it to be a pain in the ass.

For wax I have used quite a lot of different brands, the supernatural is the best thats been mentioned but its quite pricey compared with your run of the mill halfrauds brands.

I recently used G3 wax which I think is really good, espcially for £10 :thumbs: