Revving a cold engine

SJ350z

This just happened to me like 2 days ago. So brought my car to work for the first time to show my mates it. So my mate comes out and has a look and all that so I started her up so he goes can I sit in driver seat so I said on you go then he revved the arse out it wtf. I swear I really wanted to smash his head off the brick wall was really raging. And to top it of he use to be a mechanic so he's going no where near my car anymore tool. I am just really worried about it makes me feel ill thinking he could of messed my beautiful car up. Its only done 51,000 so it should be ok?

This just happened to me like 2 days ago. So brought my car to work for the first time to show my mates it. So my mate comes out and has a look and all that so I started her up so he goes can I sit in driver seat so I said on you go then he revved the arse out it wtf. I swear I really wanted to smash his head off the brick wall was really raging. And to top it of he use to be a mechanic so he's going no where near my car anymore tool. I am just really worried about it makes me feel ill thinking he could of messed my beautiful car up. Its only done 51,000 so it should be ok?

Don't worry about it ~ should be ok. ;)

Just don't let the plonker near your car again. :thumbs:

Just get in and drive it, take it easy for the first few miles until its warm. Letting it sit and run in the driveway is a waste of time and fuel and does it no good anyway. Pointlessand wasteful exercise.

Incidentally before i understood the concept of mechanical sympathy, my first car (K11 Micra) would have seen the redline within 20 seconds of setting off. It made 160k miles before the body dissolved around the oily bits. Don't stress aboht it too much :)

• Like 1