Touch Up Paint - Rusty Stone Chips

Matt_182

Looking for some advice on what's best for touching up some rusty stone chips on the arches, bonnet and one on the roof. Some are worse than others but nothing drastic.

I've read a little about Chipex but not sure if this is overkill for stone chips?

The car in question is Azure blue if that makes any difference to what's best? Any advice is appreciated :-)

For touching up the paint I'd get a genuine Nissan touch up kit from the dealers which includes paint & lacquer in two separate bottles ~ it's not expensive, £4.99 last time I bought one from the dealership and they will take your VIN number to match it correctly with the paint code.

I find it best to mix an equal amount of the paint & lacquer together and apply both at the same time. If the chip is really small then use a sharpened match stick to slowly fill the chip with paint/lacquer.

But before you touch up the chips you need to deal with the rust & any paint flake. For the rust I'd use "Krust" first which is designed to stop rust from spreading.

Link: http://www.halfords.com/motoring/paints-body-repairs/car-rust-removal-treatment/hammerite-kurust-12-5ml-pencil

I won't write any more as I'll be all evening, :lol: ....I'll just say watch this video;

It will tell you everything you need to know about how to apply the touch up & deal with the edges of the damaged paint. Hope that helps. :thumbs:

That's some great info, I'll call Nissan tomorrow and enquire about the paint. The Krust pen sounds perfect for what I need as it's not drastic rust but worth treating before applying the paint.

I'll update the thread with some photos when I make some progress.

• Like 1