Black Diamond Discs And Pads

drfeelgood73

Just wondering if anybody has had any problems with these.....

Full story....

Booked her in for MOT on Thursday, passed with no problem... I had spent the previous day going round and checking everything and re-torquing up all the bolts.....

I have been away for a while and not really had a decent run in her till after the MOT. The wife has been running around in her while I have been away but not much use and def not giving it the welly.

Normal driving it is perfect, but as soon as you start doing a bit of spirited driving and start using a bit more pressure on the brakes from 50 to 70 the juddering starts

So I whipped off the wheels and removed the discs...... and they are warped....

I fitted these all round with the pads just a year ago and have only done 4k in them..... bedded them in properly as per zmans sticky..

These have been fantastic brakes and I have been really impressed with them, but only 4k.....and gone already..... starting to wish I had gone the dba route...

I bought black diamond front discs and pads, fitted them myself, bedded in, all seemed fine. After putting a fair few miles on them, I started experiencing juddering at 60-70mph and gradually got worse and worse. I took the zed to Sly at Kaizers, found that the build up of crud on the hub transferred to the disc and put the alignment out. Options were to get disc skimmers out or to replace it all. As I needed the car and couldn't really wait around, Sly cleaned the hubs and fitted new discs and pads, all ok ever since then.

I have black diamond discs and pads on the rear as well, no issues with them.