Engine number location

janz70

Do you mean your chassis number?? If so, on all the pre-loved Jap import ones I've seen is in the same place, as is the Kiwi ones, stamped on a silver plate left side, back of engine bay. Also centre back behind the engine at the top. (Mind you this might because of our laws in NZ).

Or if you mean your actual engine number, there is heavy numbering on the left top.

I have the chassis number off the bulk head panel in the center - at the rear of the engine below the window pane - Z33 etc etc.

It is the engine number I'm after and I cant seem to find any off the stickers you refer to, only ones on the door frame seem to be in Japanese and they are just tyre pressures, no stickers at all on the rear hatch!!!???

I haven't got it on me, but i am pretty sure the owners manual clearly states where the VIN plates, engine numbers, etc can be found... front pages of the booklet, enev if it is japanese you could make it up from the piccies...

Also it is my understanding that is should be stamped in a visible place (homologation requirement) on the main body of the engine... however the term "visible place" is sometimes "loosely applied" ...

Ok peeps found the VIN plate,

if anybody else is looking for it on theirs, mine was on the left hand side of the engine bay viewed from the front of the car,just under / behind where the strut brace is attached :yahoo:

its attached with 2 plastic tamper proof rivets and to be honest I don't know how I missed it :blush:

Many thanks all :thumbs: