Crunch Time UK or Jap really need some advise

sidekickdmr

Ok im due to buy a 350z in the next 2 weeks :yahoo: and just need some advise i have 2 options!

1. buy a jap import(fully converted and uk legel) with 10000 miles on the clock for about £15000 but the insurance is like £5700 a year

2. buy a uk model with 25000 miles on the clock for about £20000 and the insurance is 3700 a year

what would you do?

also any uk readers any cheap insurance companys?[/b]

Guest prescience

:welcome:

Well the JDM model has significantly less mileage and if you are to be a normal mileage user I would lean towards that option and make a significant saving.

having not had to get JDM insurance, I cannot help specifically but I do know that the price varies tremendously, so it will pay to shop around.

have you tried www.confused.com for example

Your next question may be related to differences and that information is available on this board but if you difficulty, ask away. :)

The UK model will always be easier to insure than the Jap model.

Bear in mind there are some spec differences between the two, there'll be loads more info if you search, but from memory stuff like the Brembos aren't present on the Jap model.

Depends what you are looking for really. Future tuning blokes will often go for Jap over UK. I went for UK for the warranty really.

In terms of insurance that does sound pretty steep :headhurt:

Have you tried A Plan, they did a cracking quote for my Scooby last year. I would also try Liverpool Victoria, as well as Elephant, who were sub £600 for the 350 this year. :thumbs:

Well im plannin on keeping the car for 2 years so all in all it works out cheaper for the less miles import also next year my insurance will only be 3100 for the import with 1 more year no claims and another year under my belt.

Im 19 that is why my insurance is so sky high but i love the 350z so much its worth it.

i would be looking to mod it but only like exaust ,air filter some sweet rims and suspention!

Just in 2 minds about what too do :surrender:

Welcome sidekickdmr

I have an imported Roadster and didn’t find any difference in my Insurance quote for an import over a UK car (and I checked)

Is it the age bracket that makes your quote 10 times mine as I pay less than £500, read the forum on insurance comparison and any questions feel free to post?

Depending what you want to do to the car would help make your mind up. If you were going to do alot of mods I would go with the JDM. As pointed out before not all the parts are the same as UK examples but if your gonna change them it doesn't matter.

confused.com is an excellent starter for insurance quotes. But they don't do everyone.

I'm with privelage who were cheaper than tesco and are currently doing 0% interest if you wish to pay over the year. That alone could save you alot of money. Don't know if they cover JDMs though.

http://www.privilege.com/