'W'/'M' Brace Information.

Floydbax

I was attempting to remove my W-brace to de-rust it. The 4 main screws in the middle were OK but when it came to the 3 little screws holding on the plastic covers on the sides the first 2 I tried sheared off. I have just cable-tied it up for now while I'm asking for advice.

I know I need to remove these plastic covers to access the other screws in order to remove the W-brace. My questions - firstly, are these plastic covers necessary and secondly, are the screws that sheared off a part of the W-brace itself so it is possible to replace them once the Brace is removed?? And another, the Ultra Racing: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271410271144?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT 4 point rear brace, is it better/worse than standard, does it do the same job, is it worth doing?

-The plastics are necessary if not Nissan would not have put them but you can live without them.

- the smaller screws are part of the rear stay assembly. These rust very badly and you could drill out the bolts and rust blast then powdercoat if still solid or get new ones.

Rear stay assy

0E67A241-0FC7-4AB5-ADF6-3F7116D451F2.jpg

I'm sure zmanalex or Clark motosports will carry this.

- the ultra race such do the same job but no telling if its better rust proofed than OEM.