Airbag warning light flashing

IT10

Hi all

I had the airbag warning light start to flash on my Z yesterday. I had a search but couldn't find anything, is this a common issue?

Im a bit miffed as the car is 6 weeks out of warranty and no doubt it will be expensive :lol:

Mine started flashing last month. Tried resetting it. All fine for about 5 miles then flashing started again. Got Nissan to take a look. Appartely its a common fault with the connectors under passanger seat. They fixed it in about an hour and its been fine since. Didnt cost me anything cos its still under warranty but cant see it costing too much.

1. Turn ignition switch from OFF to ON.

2. Air Bag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, then turn ignition switch OFF within 1 second after the lamp turn off.

3. After ignition switch is turned OFF, wait for more than 3 seconds.

4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 twice. (Perform 3 times in total.)

5. Turn Ignition switch ON.

6. The SRS lamp has been reset it.

Hope this helps

Well I reset it, and then turned the ignition back to ON.

Light started flashing within 5 secs so James' 5 miles was quite good!

Looks like a trip to the dealer is on the cards for me :(

EDIT - Tried again and it stayed out for the half hour drive home from a mates, so fingers crossed!

Hi all

I had the airbag warning light start to flash on my Z yesterday. I had a search but couldn't find anything, is this a common issue?

Im a bit miffed as the car is 6 weeks out of warranty and no doubt it will be expensive :lol:

you didn't search very well. Check out the guides section. Obvious :teeth:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3279

Mine had the flashing airbag light. Took it into dealer yesterday and they said it was a side airbag module that was at fault and they have ordered a new part. They also reset the light so it no longer flashes.

I did ask them when the light is flashing are the airbags deactivated and their response was a firm YES. :scare: Seems a bit dangerous, why couldn't Nissan program the other airbags to remain active when this happens!