now hear this: 06 price increase confirmed

Azure06

dear all,

i had it confirmed yesterday that the 06 coupe, that should be out in april, will cost 800 sheets more than the older model.

also, rays alloys now coming in as standard on the 06.

wait out for more details. i'll put them on here if i know them. does anyone else know anything more?

i'm getting an azure (hence my logon name!) and have to wait till first week of may for that colour. i think silver is coming before cos it's a more popular choice.

that is all. azure 06 out. bing bong.

Ive given up caring about residuals. They wont affect the "older" models as much as they would had it been a dramaticaly different car.

I had this argument with myself for a couple of weeks - buy a second hand "old" model (5 months old) for about £4k less than the "new" model. Or wait for the New model and pay £4k more.

I resolved it like this:

If I keep it for 3 years, then I am sure the difference between mine and one a few months newer (06 model) in three years time will be less than the 4K difference now - so over the three years I will actually "lose" less on a second hand 05 than I will on a new 06 model.

Thats probably a half truth as I will probably update the rear lights and some other bits and bobs to 06 spec in time. LOL :teeth:

B) new model selling really well here , 10 sold. only a few new current models left, showroom models only. new spec looks really good, showroom model due in towards end of march. as you know subtle changes on outside, not sure about rays as standard though, standard alloys was a better seller here. i prefer the more rounded alloy to the flater ray.

If the 'sales manager' is who I think he is, he'll be able to confirm that the new style 5 spoke RAYS are the new £1000 option - the same as the ones available to the US and other territories.

From memory they are 18" front and 19" rear:

Rim size 18x9 with 245/40 Bridgestone RE050 tyres

Rim size 19x10 with 265/35 Bridgestone RE050 tyres

http://www.exoticcarsite.com/image.php? ... 2006-1.jpg

---

The now standard for the UK RAYS are the old style 6 spoke RAYS

If the 'sales manager' is who I think he is, he'll be able to confirm that the new style 5 spoke RAYS are the new £1000 option - the same as the ones available to the US and other territories.

The now standard for the UK RAYS are the old style 6 spoke RAYS

Got it. Cheers.

Although having said that, even today I'm getting conflicting reports that this may or may not be the case...

From a UK dealer earlier today:

They (the 5 spoke RAYS) will NOT be a factory option on the '06 car, that is for certain. No decision has been taken on whether they will be a dealer fit option either. Nissan themselves don't even know if it will be possible yet!

Although my dealer says they are available after having spoke to the same person at NMGB yesterday - the 350Z product manager.

• 4 weeks later...

So having made the 6-spoke Rays a standard item, Nissan raise the bar again by offering delectable 5-spoke rays for an extra grand.

I want them but can't afford them, but I so wan't them...

It appears that in Australia 18" x 8JJ 5 spoke Aluminium-Alloy Wheels are standard. They look like the ones on the GT4:

http://www.nissan.com.au/z/gallery.asp#photos

Lucky, lucky Bxxxxxds. I'm wondering whether these available in the UK?

So having made the 6-spoke Rays a standard item, Nissan raise the bar again by offering delectable 5-spoke rays for an extra grand.

I want them but can't afford them, but I so wan't them...

It appears that in Australia 18" x 8JJ 5 spoke Aluminium-Alloy Wheels are standard. They look like the ones on the GT4:

http://www.nissan.com.au/z/gallery.asp#photos

Lucky, lucky Bxxxxxds. I'm wondering whether these available in the UK?

B) 5 spokes will not be an option over here, only nismo alloys as previous,.

Both. 'GT4' wheels not available in UK to preserve rarity for those who bought the GT4. As a compromise, 6 spoke RAYS are now included as standard equipment, whereas these were a £1000 option on the MY03-05.

New 5 spoke RAYS not available in Europe as a whole. I was gutted initially, but found some much sexier aftermarket ones. Will be keeping RAYS for winter use with winter tyres and will be using 19's for summer bling.

Nismo 5 spokes are available, but are very expensive, plus you need to buy tyres seperately!