Lambo door kits?

DANNY

Im thinking of gettin a lambo door kit for the zed when it arrives iv seen a kit goin for 179 pounds and was thinking of snappin it up.

does anyone know how hard they are to fit and if much wrk has to be done to the car?

cheers

D

Lambo door kits on the Z are great for attracting viewers at shows etc, but due to no interior strengthening on the Z doors, they can be a little flimsy. They also have the pottential (and are very likely to) cause the door to catch the paintwork on the A pillar.

I would wait until you have had chance to look round a Z fitted with Lambo doors before making the modification to your own car - the Magnaflow Sunset roadster has lambo doors fitted and you can see the measures taken to avoid damage to the paintwork - have a good look round it at the next show before taking the plunge would be my advice.

Danny if you are going for Lambo doors get the lsd version, DO NOT BUY THE CHEAPER VERSIONS THEY ARE CRAP TRUST ME. It is all down to the quality of the bracket and most lambo doors are crap!

What will happen is after a while your door will be misallined it wont shut properly will damage your car bodywork, you will cringe everytime a passenger gets out wondering if they will shut it properly as its very easy to misshut and end up with a cracked window :headhurt:

All you have to do is ask Andy the problems my last Z had when done this as mine had cheap lambo doors on, the rule of thumb is you get what you paid for. And with the damage costs you will have to fork out with you will wished you had bought lsd doors

On another note Andys lsd doors are the nuts, strong brackets and perfect lift.

I am planning to do mine again and am speaking to a guy who can do koenigsegg style doors. He is mapping up for me what will need to be done in order to achieve this and make the movement of the door opening going up and closing by remote :thumbs:

2001_Koenigsegg_CC8S_Jeffery_Richt.jpg

Danny if you are going for Lambo doors get the lsd version, DO NOT BUY THE CHEAPER VERSIONS THEY ARE CRAP TRUST ME. It is all down to the quality of the bracket and most lambo doors are crap!

What will happen is after a while your door will be misallined it wont shut properly will damage your car bodywork, you will cringe everytime a passenger gets out wondering if they will shut it properly as its very easy to misshut and end up with a cracked window :headhurt:

All you have to do is ask Andy the problems my last Z had when done this as mine had cheap lambo doors on, the rule of thumb is you get what you paid for. And with the damage costs you will have to fork out with you will wished you had bought lsd doors

I am planning to do mine again and am speaking to a guy who can do koenigsegg style doors. He is mapping up for me what will need to be done in order to achieve this and make the movement of the door opening going up and closing by remote :thumbs:

Good advice here. :thumbs:

Do a search for Andy's thread where he fitted his doors. Will give you a good insight. Good luck! :)

Will do mate if you are based in the south east you are more than welcome to come with me to the guys garage, he has an amazing array of modified Jap cars in his garage. He even adjusts cars and power bands according to the driver weight., he has been in the buisness for 15 years of modifying Jap cars and knows them inside out. He has already done four cars with these doors you have to see it to believe it. The backets are like almost 2 inches thick :scare: Unlike some lambo brackets that crack under the doors weight cos they are only 5mm thick :headhurt:

downside to those doors is you need to park about 3 foot from the kerb to get in or out of the car :surrender:

sounds good to me. its about two hours away from me so ill be up for the trip. what day are you thinking of goin down? is there many z's there or many z parts to purchase bec im starting to get a few mods together for the arrival of mine and iv not seen or been in any with mods on so am after ideas.

D

sounds good to me. its about two hours away from me so ill be up for the trip. what day are you thinking of goin down? is there many z's there or many z parts to purchase bec im starting to get a few mods together for the arrival of mine and iv not seen or been in any with mods on so am after ideas.

D

next saturday hopefully mate, he has alot of hks stuff including fcons and can show you how its all set up and possibilities on what you can do with the car. He will also be able to show you the possibilities you can do with the doors, could make a day of it mate my brother will be there as well he has a z too :thumbs:

Danny, as others have said, it is better to pay the money and get a decent kit or you will forever be wincing at the clunking sound as metal grinds on metal!!!

i fitted the LSD kit to mine a couple of months ago. The instructions are pretty poor imo but a bit of common sense goes a long way. Sounds like Jay's company will do you proud though!! Let us know how you get on!!

If you wanted to see mine, here is the link :thumbs:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7839&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

• 2 weeks later...