Wax / seal top up

Dean_1983

So today I spent some time cleaning and topping up the 350

I've ordered some Zano Grand Finale seal spray ... But in the mean time I have some megs nxt spray wax

Started with the usual ,

Snow foam

Using PH neutral snow foam

4epabuha.jpg

Then washed wheels and tires using this crazy good stuff my local car wash sells

my4evy8a.jpg

Then washed car using 2bm and micro fibre noodle wash mitt

vuqavesu.jpg

Then applied this

ege2ene2.jpg

Some finished pics

anu7e5yd.jpghe4urana.jpg

y8arutet.jpg

Over all ... Not that impressed with the megs spray wax ... Can't see it giving much protection , I used it over a very strong sealant to see if it would add any extra gloss ... I couldn't see any difference

Still I enjoyed my 3 hours cleaning the car .. Oh and always as soon as I'm done .. It rains :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used quite a few of the megs products and in general I think they are great, however I agree with your comments about the tech wax. Ive found in general that spray versions are not very good at the job except for spot detailing. Indeed I would suggest that you put the bottle of this wax in the boot and use it for small quick maintenance jobs on the road, bird droppings etc etc. However have you tried megs ultimate paste wax, now that's a very good wax.

A small edit, be careful if you think by adding layers that you will build up extra shine. The professional view from the manufacturers is that because paint is porous it only needs one wax layer to soak in and seal, Most people try 2 coats to catch the bits they missed in the first go and then some top sealant to try and achieve the wet look.Anyway not trying to teach you to suck eggs but a lot of drivers don't know about paints ability to soak up .

Edited by cmck13

Na agree with you 100% seems one good even layer is good and strong enough to give protection ... That's a good idea to keek the spray wax for those jobs ! Was going to buy some waterless Eco wash for that !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk