Left side speaker issue...

atchi123

Hi all

Got an issue with the left side speakers intermittently cutting out/distorting which it seems from the forum is a known fault. The issue is I had the head unit replaced 6 months ago for the cold skipping problem, now the car is out of warranty! I think I have some case here to complain and get this problem fixed..what do you think are my chances/best approach with the dealer?

Tks

Steve

Guest prescience

Your best approach is that they have replaced your unit with a faulty one :) - after all it didn't cut out before before did it? Twelve months would be standard anyway in such a case.

You might also go onto the offensive if they appear awkward and point out that since the cutting-out issue is well-known, you suspect they may have given you one which was returned by another Customer for that issue.

Is this only cutting out when using the CD, or does it cut out when using am/fm also. If its only when using the CD it appears that your head unit may be suffering a slight variation on the cold/skip problem. Whereby the left channel is not being picked up and processed by the cd player.

Try using the radio too - if that still skips, then it could be the speaker/cable.