Insurance - anyone with similar details to me??

magicgreg

Guest prescience
Right I'm 39, single and I live in a reasonably decent area. I have around 16 years no claims and have 20 years driving experience. My cars a JDM. Admiral want £623 if i declare I have kids but £527 without and that's £150 excess.

Now my kids don't live with me so do I declare them or not? They only ask if I have kids under the age of 16. They don't ask if they live with me!

I find this bizarre as kids surely are meant to make you a safer driver..........right?

Unless you plan to transport your kids a lot, I would say no need to declare them - in the worst scenario, it would never stand up that you could be refused cover for non-declared kids

Who knows what weightings companies apply to come up with their premiums; for a sports car, the theory could be that your kids might wish to take a spin in it without your knowledge ;)

Right I'm 39, single and I live in a reasonably decent area. I have around 16 years no claims and have 20 years driving experience. My cars a JDM. Admiral want £623 if i declare I have kids but £527 without and that's £150 excess.

Now my kids don't live with me so do I declare them or not? They only ask if I have kids under the age of 16. They don't ask if they live with me!

I find this bizarre as kids surely are meant to make you a safer driver..........right?

Unless you plan to transport your kids a lot, I would say no need to declare them - in the worst scenario, it would never stand up that you could be refused cover for non-declared kids

Who knows what weightings companies apply to come up with their premiums; for a sports car, the theory could be that your kids might wish to take a spin in it without your knowledge ;)

On top of this, with Admiral, add a random other low-ish risk driver, and watch it lessen further..... ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I went with Admiral when I got my 04 Zed when I was 23 in 2006. 3 yrs no claims, clean license £680.

However, move to London, another year older, 4 years no claims and its £900 - with a lowly 6,000 mile limit.

Does include no claims protection and of course the mandatory addition of the girlfriend [saved nearly £300].

Elephant were a joke when they quoted for me!

I went with Admiral when I got my 04 Zed when I was 23 in 2006. 3 yrs no claims, clean license £680.

However, move to London, another year older, 4 years no claims and its £900 - with a lowly 6,000 mile limit.

Does include no claims protection and of course the mandatory addition of the girlfriend [saved nearly £300].

Elephant were a joke when they quoted for me!

Bizarre, as they are the same company! :wacko:

Go with Bell. (trust me ive tried them all)

Im also 23, 1 year no claims. SP30 plus a theft claim.

Fully comp £934 for 12 months, plus drive any other car.

I was with Elephant, paying £1214 until i tried Bell.

Never no, you may get it for around £700ish??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Have you spoken to Adrian Flux,,, discount available if you are a member on here.

Mine is due in a month and last year it was around 450 but I am 37 and have a clean license. Oh and my neighbours are Fergie and Roy the Keane.

Anyhow, tips from the short spell I spent working for Norwich Union are:-

add girlfriends, or parents if old and have clean licence's

don't just say 12000 miles a year if you do a lot less as this really brings it down.

Cat 1 alarms,,,,

Excess as mentioned by Mike.

Remove the courtesey car option as you lose it anyway if you specify your own garage rather than use their aithorised repairers.

Believe me in the case of Norwich union YOU WANT to specify your own repairers.

Hope this helps

Dave :thumbs:

Have you spoken to Adrian Flux,,, discount available if you are a member on here.

Mine is due in a month and last year it was around 450 but I am 37 and have a clean license. Oh and my neighbours are Fergie and Roy the Keane.

don't just say 12000 miles a year if you do a lot less as this really brings it down.

Cat 1 alarms,,,,

Remove the courtesey car option as you lose it anyway if you specify your own garage rather than use their aithorised repairers.

Hope this helps

A-Plan knocked £100 off my premium this time. Having done all the online stuff I actually think that speaking to a broker and getting a tailored quote is worth the effort.

Cat 1 alarms,,,,

Hope this helps

A-Plan knocked £100 off my premium this time. Having done all the online stuff I actually think that speaking to a broker and getting a tailored quote is worth the effort.

A-Plan did my insurance for the G too. Going to a broker is always the best way. ;)