Tough/Waterproof Prescription Eyewear

Stutopia

I know there are some sporty types on here and I am hoping you can recommend some tough & waterproof & prescription eyewear. Neither I, nor my eyes, like contacts and sports are getting more difficult the less I can see sharply at distance beyond the length of my arm.

What I need is something which is first tinted, but I can also play footy in (Edgar Davis is my hero), go swimming in at the beach but not deep sea diving, mountain biking, karting, skydiving, rollerblading - the whole 90s tampax advert experience :lol: Ideally I'd like a solution with replaceable lenses, so I can upgrade as my eyes downgrade. They must be able to take an impact. I don't mind spending on this as it's something which is very important.

So far only Oakley's Jacket products seem to be in the right ballpark in terms of quality, which is fine, but I was wondering if anyone has any experiences that may be useful before I spend my hard earned.

Ta.

PS - I'm not having someone laser my eyeballs. ;)

You can get frames that have interchangeable lenses, then a second lens with your prescription in that sits behind. I forget the make, but they look half decent. Most good opticians (and I don't mean spec savers!) will be able to advise on these.

If you want to get your prescription in a pair of Oakley's, be prepared to bend over! It will hurt like a soab!

That's an interesting solution. Thanks.

It's not so much that I want Oakley, it's just they seem to offer products which take a pounding and don't look like a rejected prop from Dodgeball. :lol:

Ta