Just spotted Black 350 HR RE07 ***

WhackyWill

In Colney Hatch Lane N11 coming from Friern Barnet at 5.30. He passed and I pulled out behind it, zoomed up on his bumper, gave him a flash and friendly wave.. Completely ignored poor Marmite, put his indicator on and turned down the North Circular into a traffic jam..He needs a "stubby"..!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Hi Will, just thought I'd comment on this as it was me that was driving my recently acquired 350 :). I've only just come on here to take a look and spotted this!

FYI, although mine's an 07, it's an early one so it's a rev up, not an HR.

Sorry for coming across rude; I'd only had the car for 3 days and was experiencing a few issues (mainly the clutch master cylinder failing in that traffic jam!!). All is well now, so next time I see you, i'll be sure to give a wave and maybe stop :). I live in Whetstone, so i'm usually passing through the area at some point.

• Like 1

Hi Will, just thought I'd comment on this as it was me that was driving my recently acquired 350 :). I've only just come on here to take a look and spotted this!

Sorry for coming across rude; I'd only had the car for 3 days and was experiencing a few issues (mainly the clutch master cylinder failing in that traffic jam!!). All is well now, so next time I see you, i'll be sure to give a wave and maybe stop :). I live in Whetstone, so i'm usually passing through the area at some point.

Hi Mate.

Welcome to The Forum. :welcome:

Clutch problems are common with the Zed had mine done as well recently.

You probably won't recognise mine now, changed a few bit on her. See "WhackyWill does Black Betty" thread.

I live just off Colney Hatch Lane, sometimes pop in The Orange Tree in Totteridge.

I'm glad to see there are a few around my area, certainly don't see many.

Yep stop and have a chat anytime.

There is a big Zed meet at The Ace Cafe on Sat 20th Sept I'm sure you would be welcome. :thumbs:

Hi Mate.

You probably won't recognise mine now, changed a few bit on her. See "WhackyWill does Black Betty" thread.

I live just off Colney Hatch Lane, sometimes pop in The Orange Tree in Totteridge.

There is a big Zed meet at The Ace Cafe on Sat 20th Sept I'm sure you would be welcome. :thumbs:

Thanks for the welcome :)

I'll be sure to take a look at the changes! :)

I've done a few bits to mine too but mainly preventative maintenance. I've fitted new brakes, clutch slave cylinder, rebuilt the clutch master cylinder, stainless clutch line, scorpion exhaust and Pioneer DAB head unit. It's got the Bose system which it sounds pretty good with!

I've also done a few bits to the interior, such as paint up all the dash plastics that accumulate scratches. I've found Halfords flexible vinyl paint in black to be a near on perfect match for the zed's scratch hungry dash plastics.

Here's a few pics of mine as it stands at the moment :)

I've only ever been to the Orange Tree a few times but it was a lovely pub. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I'm moving to Reading next week for a new job, so I won't be around as much any more. I'm always driving through Frien Barnet when visiting my girlfriend who lives in Islington.

10410350_10154500492020311_9173235083705334551_n.jpg

IMG_6341.jpg

10513442_10154500491605311_5503945909689118776_n.jpg

10487302_10154500492190311_7532924996120687934_n.jpg

Edited by mattmanslim
  • Like 1

Looks a lovely example, you should start a "build" thread on here.

Thanks for the tip on Halfords paint as I need to do mine as well, scratched

around the heater controls, as they all do. You have been busy since you got it.. :thumbs:

You done some nice mods to it. :thumbs:

Looks a lovely example, you should start a "build" thread on here.

Thanks for the tip on Halfords paint as I need to do mine as well, scratched

around the heater controls, as they all do. You have been busy since you got it.. :thumbs:

You done some nice mods to it. :thumbs:

Thanks :) I'll be sure to get a build thread going. I wish I took more pictures of the things that I'd done along the way. Ah well, I'm sure it's all well documented on here already!

Amazingly mine was fine around the heater controls. The only issue was around the satnav, satnav buttons and interior door handle/arm rest. I don't know what Nissan used to coat these plastics but it's horrendous!

I'm sure there will be some more mods coming my way. First on the list is a shorter radio aerial, followed by parking sensors.

Edited by mattmanslim

This is one of the best stubby around, that actually works.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/62006-350z-honda-rdx-stubby-massive-saving-13-delivered-huge-stock/

A lot of people on here have carbon wrapped the cr*p Nissan plastic trim.

HR and 370Z interior are better.

There are quiet a few threads on interiors on here.

Hi Mate.

I've done a few bits to mine too but mainly preventative maintenance. I've fitted new brakes, clutch slave cylinder, rebuilt the clutch master cylinder, stainless clutch line, scorpion exhaust and Pioneer DAB head unit. It's got the Bose system which it sounds pretty good with!

I've also done a few bits to the interior, such as paint up all the dash plastics that accumulate scratches. I've found Halfords flexible vinyl paint in black to be a near on perfect match for the zed's scratch hungry dash plastics.

I've only ever been to the Orange Tree a few times but it was a lovely pub. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I'm moving to Reading next week for a new job, so I won't be around as much any more. I'm always driving through Frien Barnet when visiting my girlfriend who lives in Islington.

IMG_6341.jpg

Hi mattmanslim,

Welcome! Can I ask, how do you like the Scorpion exhaust? I'm thinking of getting one, but can decide between that or the Corba!

Cheers

Hi Mate.

IMG_6341.jpg

Hi mattmanslim,

Welcome! Can I ask, how do you like the Scorpion exhaust? I'm thinking of getting one, but can decide between that or the Corba!

Cheers

Hey! Thanks again for the welcome :)

I really like the Scorpion exhaust. It has a lovely rasp to it which sounds fantastic at full throttle. Interior cabin noise isn't too bad at all and when driven sensibly it doesn't sound much louder than stock. It's when you really push it that you hear the thing scream into life and roar.

Once warmed up it's actually quieter than stock at idle! Fit seems to be pretty good too which is always a risk with an aftermarket system. I'd highly recommend it :teeth: .

• Like 1