Tools for pad change...

Kaminari

Hi all,

So I picked up some red stuffs from CS (thanks!), and I was thinking of putting them on my Z soon. Just need to make sure that I have all the right tools to get the job done first, as I haven't done much mechanical work myself... (have replaced pads and rotors on a Ford Ka a few years back with a friend who had lots of tools).

Anyway, I figure that I'm going to need a torque wrench, some copper grease, some axle stands too.

My questions are:

Can anyone recommend a good torque wrench?

What kind of copper grease will I need? (this is for the pads)

How many axle stands will I need? (Is it best to just do front and then do the rear separately? or all together?)

Oh, and can anyone recommend a good place to get the forementioned items from?

Cheers!

K

You will need some long nose pliers to remove the clips that keep the retaining bars in, and then some normal pliers (sure they have a name) to pull the pins out. Oh, and a steady hand so you don't scratch your nice Brembo paintwork!

Other than that, something to push the piston back in the caliper to get your new pads in. :)

Cool, thanks for the info!

Any recommendations on suppliers / manufacturers?

Sorry, not sure what you're referring to? :blush:

Apart from a jack, axle stands (Halfords will be fine), your wheel brace from the boot, and something to chock the front wheels when doing the rears you don't need anything else.

Tip - remember to slacken the wheel bolts before you jack it up, and take the hand brake off for the rears. Only do one corner at a time. :)

Ahhh, ok, no worries. It was the answer you kind of said...Halfords for the axle stands.

I'll see if I can find a tool shop online to get the torque wrench from. I just didn't want to get some new tools that are crap and fall apart is all... ;) (or pay more than I should!)

Thanks for the help!