USA Bose HU into UK z

cooky1988

My HU have up the ghost a while ago and I bought one from the US with the aux mod already done to it. Problem is the controls on the wheel don't work and the display lights up when the lights are off and goes off when they're on! Also the frequency doesn't seem to do even numbers. Just wondering if anyone has had the same issues and found, if any solutions?

Many Thanks!

I'd be surprised if anyone else even bothered doing this (Don't mean to sound rude)

A lot of effort and risk purchasing from the USA.

Why didn't you just buy a second hand one from the UK?

Or just upgrade to a new HU?

Just my 2cents, but US is left hand drive, could that also mean the plugs plug in to the buttons the other way round than a UK one? So basically plug it in back to front. Even that I don't think it will work.

• Like 1

Frequency bands are different to the UK, just like JDM stereos which also need a band expander to work on UK cars.

Also check for differences in the US wiring looms compared to UK wiring looms.

As before, if one of the reasons to get a US one is for the module slot for aux connectivity, then it would have been easier to get an aftermarket upgrade.

Hope it was cheap enough tho

I'd be surprised if anyone else even bothered doing this (Don't mean to sound rude)

A lot of effort and risk purchasing from the USA.

Why didn't you just buy a second hand one from the UK?

Or just upgrade to a new HU?

Just my 2cents, but US is left hand drive, could that also mean the plugs plug in to the buttons the other way round than a UK one? So basically plug it in back to front. Even that I don't think it will work.

again not to be rude but, +1 this

bose is kinda crap anyway