Led lights in reflectors

Zhorno

That picture was from my car about 4 or 5 years ago.

Just look on ebay for 350z LED Reflectors.

However i used to make my own and briefly sold them. If you're handy with a soldering iron these are really easy to make yourself. I say easy, they were a good 3 hours work per pair to make, hence why i binned the idea off as i was only making about £30 profit per unit. It was more of a hobby than a money making scheme.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/67074-led-reflectors/page__hl__reflectors

Ive been wanting to do this to mine ! Even though the Z has aged gracefully I think these modernise the Z without looking tacky ! :) might be next weekends project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

However i used to make my own and briefly sold them. If you're handy with a soldering iron these are really easy to make yourself. I say easy, they were a good 3 hours work per pair to make, hence why i binned the idea off as i was only making about £30 profit per unit. It was more of a hobby than a money making scheme.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/67074-led-reflectors/page__hl__reflectors

Where did you buy your LEDs from. :) ?

http://www.350z-uk.c..._hl__reflectors

eBay. £5 for 50. You need to get some resistors too, relative to the LED's you buy. I used to use the calculator, below, to work out what voltages i needed etc:

http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz

• Like 1

http://www.350z-uk.c..._hl__reflectors

eBay. £5 for 50. You need to get some resistors too, relative to the LED's you buy. I used to use the calculator, below, to work out what voltages i needed etc:

http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz

Cheers for the info ! Il have a nosey on ebay now

Mine were 8mm on the examples below, which i think are the perfect size.

Note you will have to dremmel down the backs of those holders as they're deeper than the reflector.

You need to secure the holders in the reflectors with glue, but not superglue as it reacts with the plastic. I use 'serious glue' which they sell in Wickes for a few quid.

Lastly, i always filled mine with clear silicone sealant to waterproof them, before sticking the back of the reflector back on top (which i'd previously dremmelled off.)

IMG_0008_zps55a1a391.jpg

IMG_0010_zpscc197e56.jpg

IMG_0014_zpsbbeb1124.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips and tricks ! I will be sure to post a few pictures of progress and completion ! Looking to do this next weekend when i have some free time ! This weekend im going to service the zed and get it ready for banzai at crail wooo :)

• 1 month later...

Haha, from ZLEDS? Make sure you're sitting down when he replies, the price of his stuff is incredible! The quality is brilliant, but its hundreds of dollars usually for anything ZLEDS.

If anybody wants a set from me drop me a PM. I have a SINGLE set ready and it will be sent out as a test unit. I already have one of these 'in the wild' so to speak, sold a set to another member a little while ago, but want to get another one out there to ensure thay all works as expected. Was going to fit them to my car, but hey-ho.

First come first served, as I say its only a single set at the moment, these aren't for sale to everyone yet, need to make sure they last and work as expected.

I believe that the ones in the bottom video were sold as "used" after for around 365 USD by ZLEDs,

Do you have any photos of the ones that you have made?

Thanks

update:

I managed to find a recent price list on ZLEDs website for different spec's of front LED, the ones in the 2nd video appear to sell for around £310 if im correct, that does not include shipping and you mail in the reflectors for him to work on..

Edited by Martinjj

I believe that the ones in the bottom video were sold as "used" after for around 365 USD by ZLEDs,

Do you have any photos of the ones that you have made?

Thanks

update:

I managed to find a recent price list on ZLEDs website for different spec's of front LED, the ones in the 2nd video appear to sell for around £310 if im correct, that does not include shipping and you mail in the reflectors for him to work on..

Plus import tax when they land in the country! If you are interested I can supply you personally with some photos of mine, just drop me a PM.