No MIL (Check Engine Lamp) at Ignition On?

colin-mck

Hi All,

As you'll notice from my lowly post cost that I'm more of a lurker as most things that could be asked and answered on here have been. Great resource folks! But this one I can't get a complete answer from searching.

Have an 04 Zed which seems to be suffering from an erratic and random idle - sometimes stuck high (1500rpm) or barely keeping above 500rpm.

Attempted to do the ECU reset and throttle/MAF learn routines but noticed that MIL wasn't coming on at ignition on. Im sure it was fine when I bought the car as MIL is one of the things I would have checked.

All the other warning lights are there. Could it be that the LED for the check engine light has failed? Has anyone tried to replace and solder with a standard soldering iron?

Stuck the laptop on it and there are no fault codes logged so unlikely that previous owner would have taped over it to mask a fault.

Any experience or advice appreciated.

Yep finally got round to taking the cluster apart yesterday and sure enough there were a couple of bits of tape bunged down the recess for the mil led.

The car is standard with no stored fault codes so no idea why the precious owner would have done it.

All working fine now, but next thing to struggle with will be the pedal dance adaptions reset procedure.

Thanks for replies chaps