Condensation/water in near side headlight

Baidan

obviousIy your 70 is worth a Iot more than my 50, so it's compIeteIy up to you, but my headIight started getting a Iot of condensation. My fix was quite simpIe reaIIy...

I driIIed a tiny hoIe in the back of the headIamp. It equaIs the outer and inner temperature, therefore stopping condensation. Just a tip :)

• Like 1

Cheers for the reply benjy, I'll look at taking it off this weekend, hopefully I can see where the waters getting in, if no joy will try your suggestion. Post a pic of your 350?.

Interesting solution, but aren't they sealed for a reason?

I understand that in some cars they fit a small tube into a hole, similar to the one you've drilled, and attach it to a sealed container full of silica gel. This soaks up moisture and all you need to do is replace the silica gel in the container every now and again, struck me as a nice bit of lateral thinking.

If you don't remove the moist air from the headlight, then condensation will still form on the inside when the temperature drops to dewpoint.

As Stu says above, the introduction of silica gel should go a long way in removing the water droplets from the air.