Wind noise.

Space Cadet

Thanks Kuro, thought it was just me that was so fussy about weird noises!!

Anyway, am surprised at just how much wind noise I get from around may be the window, or door, or possibly the wing-mirror area, can’t place it, does anyone else hear wind-noise above what they'd expect?

The cars is relatively new and only done 5k, therefore presume it to be 'as new', the windows drop and raise as they should and the seals look fine.

Guest prescience

The windows can wind down very slightly after a bought of acceleration and/or fast driving - have you checked that it is a known issue and a dealer fix

Thanks

Do you mean that they just temporarily wind-down, i.e. that they rise again, or that they permanently wind-down slightly?

No, haven’t spoken to the dealer yet, will do so when I next go in, but it’s not a big problem and I normally have the wicked Bose stereo on or am booting it around somewhere enjoying the engine and exhaust.

It’s just a bit annoying and unexpected on a relatively expensive car when cruising on the motorway.

Just wondered if anyone else thought they were hearing unacceptable wind-noise, may be it’s just all the Z’s in general or may be mine has a small fault.

Guest prescience
Thanks

Do you mean that they just temporarily wind-down, i.e. that they rise again, or that they permanently wind-down slightly?

No, haven’t spoken to the dealer yet, will do so when I next go in, but it’s not a big problem and I normally have the wicked Bose stereo on or am booting it around somewhere enjoying the engine and exhaust.

It’s just a bit annoying and unexpected on a relatively expensive car when cruising on the motorway.

Just wondered if anyone else thought they were hearing unacceptable wind-noise, may be it’s just all the Z’s in general or may be mine has a small fault.

Wind down a touch but don't wind back up (until you manual adjust or open/close doors as usual).

Its not a quiet car by any means and mine certainly isn't :p but wind noise isn't instrusive either

I wouldn't say mine was overly noisy, I've never had a car with an 'open-plan' design before, so I attribute some noises to that.

I used some Autoglym vinyl and rubber care on my seals the other weekend and it's probaby placebo or something, but I think they are better for it :headhurt::)

All I can say is that it's a lot quieter and more refined than my old Scooby. :scare:B)

I get wind noise too.. Its also quite draughty too, can get quite cold without the heater on.

If I put the roof up though, it cures the problems. :blush::p

Seriously though, I can only compare the wind noise to a previous convertible, the MX-5. The wind noise on the Z is far less than the MX-5, and very good for a rag top. With the roof down, its similar, but the exhaust note is better! :)