Brake Discs.

CJRamze

Hi

I've been looking at the DBA discs on your site.

They are for fast road and occasional track use (Fun track use not serious competition)

When I was looking I noticed you had a special offer on the discs, Whats the difference between

http://www.clarkmotorsport.co.uk/parts/4000-Series-Brake-Disc---SLOTTED-%28Pair%29/Front-Vented/DBA4954SP

and

http://www.clarkmotorsport.co.uk/parts/4000-T3-Series-Brake-Disc---SLOTTED-%28Pair%29/Front-Vented/DBA4600SP

They both appear to be the same brand and model (4000) but the latter is a 'T3'

What would you recommend?

I had a Seat Leon Cupra R before this and with stock Discs and Pads the brakes failed. I've been cautious ever since.

Hi,

The first link is discs for the JDM import with non-Brembos and they are the old Slot design which we still have a couple of pair left. The second is for the T3's for Brembo equipped 350Z's.

Its also worth mentioning that we have the new DBA T2 Slotted disc arriving very soon. This is the same style as the 4000 Series T3 but does not go through the same heat treatment process so is not recommended for hard track use unlike the T3.

The good thing is though they are made of the same high quality cast iron and are made using the same process so are of very high quality unlike a lot of other cheap slotted discs.

We will be announcing these very soon once they land with us which will be next week.

Pad choice is also very important and the best option for value for money and performance is the Ferodo DS2500's. They are fine for fast road and occasional track use and are by far the most popular choice that we sell.

Another pad worth mentioning is the Hawk Performance Ceramic which are a very usable street performance pad.

Let me know if you need any more information

Ewen

My last setup on my Leon Cupra R was 2 Piece floating discs, with Ferrodo 2500's so I stand by those 2500's!

So it looks like the second link is the set for me. I'm always willing to spend that little extra for the extra stopping power!

Would you advise upgrading the rear discs too or do they not see much use?

My last car was very front heavy so I changed rear pads but not discs

I'll be getting braided lines all round and replacement fluid

Drop me a PM and as there is a forum members price on offer for the T3 at the moment thats listed in our sub forum.

As the 350Z is RWD the back brakes should not be ignored and I would recommend running the same pad compound all round. If you were looking to save some money you could go for a cheaper disc on the rear.

I can help you with braided lines and brake fluid as well :)