ceramic coating

donnynelson

keep trying to get rid of scratches ,swirls etc getting there slowly but surly a local detailer is offering full detail then ceramic coating if required i have had a look around on the web to check it out but seem to get a mixed response

questions are ; has anyone had there zed done ? is it any good? and how long has it actually lasted ?

cheers :D

I worked on a merc with ceramic waxing on - seemed to be pretty good to me - although the guy paid an utter fortune for it. It didnt feel any better than my car at the time which was 10 years older and had been clayed, polished and waxed...

should you go the full paint correction route, the ceramic treatment might be only way, to protect the newly polished paint...wax does no job in protecting the clearcoat, also the ceramic stuff will save you a lot of time spent on waxing and money spent on related detailing products

Edited by ZonixX

If it was me I'd only say yes if the price wasn't too steep.

Look up the reviews of the ceramic coatings from the likes of Cquartz and Gtechniq on detailing world.

You can buy and apply yourself but as they are more "permanent" than wax or regular sealants, if you mess up and over apply you can only get rid of the smearing with machine polishing.

So, once you know what product you want, negotiate a price that you think reasonable for the labour and see what the detailer says. After all it would be a shame not to take advantage of the car being freshly polished in a secure detailing bay instead of out in the elements on your drive.