Bloody Rich Neighbours - I hate them :-)

Dan

I still think Bentleys are cool! I'm 90% sure that most wouldn't be hussled down a country lane or taken on the 1/4 mile drag!

Correct. They'd waft down a country lane before turning into the neuveau riche 6 bed detached with pool built by their own building firm 'Bodgit, Legit and Nickit Ltd'. :p

I like em overall. Not my cup of tea styling wise, but they have their place. Outside a church, for a wedding.

I stick by my opinion that the 350z is quicker down a decent road (ie with bends in it!).

Bentley Continental GT --- 8:40.30 (Tom Kristensen)

BMW M6 --- 8:07.76 (Prinz Leopold von Bayern)

Lamborghini Gallardo SE --- 7:56.65 (Tom Kristensen)

Mercedes CLK DTM AMG --- 7:56.50 (Klaus Ludwig)

Porsche Carerra GT --- 7:39.49 (Walter Rohrl)

8:26 - Nissan 350Z (Sport Auto 10/03)

(the Arnage T cant keep up in a straight line even..)

I think you misunderstood my post, I just said they would go like the clappers and they do, for something weighing as much as a decent sized semi detached house ;)

You can't fairly compare one to a 350z let alone a Gallardo or Carrera GT, it's a totally different type of car. You are comparing sports cars with one of the grandest of grand tourers. They have a totally different purpose, one is designed to stimulate and excite and feed back as much of the driving experience as possible, the other is designed to comfort and cosset and travel large distances very quickly with effortless ease.

To even show one a race track is to totally miss the point of the car, and anyway, to actually put any effort into driving one is uncouth, undignified and not at all in the spirit of the car :p

One does not accelerate in a Bentley, one gathers momentum.

One does not "hussle around bends" in a Bentley one conducts the car along the carriageway in an appropriate manner :D

My good man, please show some respect B)