Replacing w brace

lylesy

The underside w brace on the z is a bit rusty and needs replacing and I'm not sure if I just change it for a standard part or are there any updated replacement options. Seen loads of braces and not sure if there are an as well as in in stead of. Thanks for any help in advance and sorry if this has been covered before or is a bit obvious

Don't summit do a whole load of bracing upgrades for under the Zed? Not sure if they do a straightforward, direct replacement for the w brace, but I'm sure I've read good stuff on here about their bracing(was it one of Dan's mods?).

• 3 months later...

How easy is it to remove these braces for cleaning up?

How critical are they for rigidity also. If I took the Z to my local garage at the end of the road and got them to remove it on their

ramps for ease and to save me having to crawl around underneath, could I drive it back, it's a Roadster if that makes any difference.

Thanks guys, it's the only bit that looks crap underneath, but feels pretty solid.

I'm sure I've read on here at least one member who runs without it, full time. So you shouldn't have any issue driving back from the garage with it off* - long term, I don't know how critical it is.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/87742-stay-assy-tunnel/

* if you explode into flames it's not my fault, given for info only ;)

Edited by SuperStu