What grade wet & dry - rouge paper do I need?

MickJ

Sorry if in wrong section - you may have seen my post about the brick through my windscreen and then ending up on the bonnet and leaving a few chips and one small scratch, I have just touched it all in with a 'touch up' stick which has obviously left paint proud of the surface, when dry I was going to 'wet & dry' it flush and then repolish it, what is the minumum grade can you recommend that will do the job?

TIA

Mick

try this stuff. works a treat

http://www.frost.co.uk/item_detail.asp?productID=8221

looks good, but seeing as I have already touched up would a time difference of days make any difference to their recommended 45-90 mins, allowing for delivery etc?

don't know, try it, at least you've got for the next time.

The recommended time they state on the instructions is at least 2hrs but prefer 4hrs. So paint is pretty well set by then.

Well I have been trying this stuff out and can comfirm that it will still do the job 36 hrs later after applying the paint, got to admit I was a little sceptical with the claims but have to say it does 'what it says on the tin' it has taken a few applications of touch up paint to the scratch and the chips but it is getting harder to see them.

• 4 months later...