left dome light not working... even with new bulb... any ideas?

ostego

So gutted... having met another zed owner last sunday i decided LEDs were a pretty nice and cheap mod.

Got some red festoons to fit in the dome lights. When the car was sold to me, the left dome light never worked... i assumed it was a blown bulb!

Having gone to fit the new bulbs... still nothing from this left bulb! The right one looks so good, and i really want to get the other side working. Is this a common issue that anyone may know the cause of?

First thing is to try flipping the LED bulb around the other way as they are polarity sensitive so will only work one way.

Next thing to do is check the LED bulb works in the side you know works for certain (just to double check it's not the LED).

If it still doesn't work then it may just be the little plastic white switch inside the dome light that is faulty. Read this thread: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/76275-changing-interior-lights-to-led-blown-fuse-what-fuse/page__hl__%20interior%20%20light%20%20switch

I doubt you've blown any fuses as the other light works and if it isn't the LED bulb blown or in the wrong way around then I'd guess it would be the switch itself. Hope that helps. :thumbs:

• Like 1

LET THERE BE RED LIGHT!!!

thanks a lot! Was just in the wrong way round.... knew there was that rule with leds but since it hadnt worked with the old bulb just assumed it was something worse!

Am sprt of underwhelmed by these 4 led festoon 269s though now.... was sort of hoping for something more bright!

Edited by ostego

That's great news. Glad it's sorted.

Regarding the poor brightness ~ I had this as well from some 4LED festoon bulbs that I bought from eBay. In the end I tried a "member trader" on here called cs2000 who does LED kits for the Zeds. His bulbs where much brighter and that's what I'm using now. B)

Try sending him a PM telling him what your after to see if he can help. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/76521-350z-370z-led-bulb-kits/

:thumbs:

Regarding the poor brightness ~ I had this as well from some 4LED festoon bulbs that I bought from eBay. In the end I tried a "member trader" on here called cs2000 who does LED kits for the Zeds. His bulbs where much brighter and that's what I'm using now. B)

Try sending him a PM telling him what your after to see if he can help. Link: http://www.350z-uk.c...-led-bulb-kits/

Yeah, did ask him whether he could do them in the colour i wanted, but apparently he only does white ones!

Got these ones from autobulbsdirect so don't think they're cheap like the ebay ones! Maybe when night comes I'll test them out again and they'll really shine then! I guess the colour red is never going to glow as much as something white or blue anyway!

Try sending him a PM telling him what your after to see if he can help. Link: http://www.350z-uk.c...-led-bulb-kits/

Yeah, did ask him whether he could do them in the colour i wanted, but apparently he only does white ones!

Got these ones from autobulbsdirect so don't think they're cheap like the ebay ones! Maybe when night comes I'll test them out again and they'll really shine then! I guess the colour red is never going to glow as much as something white or blue anyway!

Ah no probs. Hopefully you'll be pleased with the night time results.

Really need a dark place with no street lighting to get a really good idea of how bright they are I'd imagine. :thumbs: