ISO Lead Query

Can someone help me with a query?

I was due to have a new headunit fitted today, but this has been held up due to other problems. However, the guy who was going to fit it for me highlighted something about the patch lead.

It was with reference to the ISO Connector (Item D) in the attached pic. He was querying it because there was only one ISO connector and not two. I'm not to up on these things, but apparently he said one connector was for powering the headunit and the other was for the speakers. I do have the Bose set up by the way and my guess was that the speakers would be powered by the new head unit so wouldn't need the ISO speaker connector. Is this right or am I totally barking up the wrong tree?

The speakers are fed from the new headunits pre outs. The red, white, black and yellow are for the front left/right and rear left/right speakers. Sometimes people see the yellow pre out and think video output but it's not.

You could always do the buster mod and wire the phonos to the headunit's high level speaker outputs also.

The speakers are fed from the new headunits pre outs. The red, white, black and yellow are for the front left/right and rear left/right speakers. Sometimes people see the yellow pre out and think video output but it's not.

You could always do the buster mod and wire the phonos to the headunit's high level speaker outputs also.

plus 1 do the duster mod :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hope you find link ok. I carried out this exact mod for a head unit I bought last week to replace a cd skipping Bose unit. It's only a matter of cutting off the RCA plugs (red,yellow,white and black). When you then strip back each cable you will first find stranded wire around an inner bit of PVC cable. This stranded wire when wound together is the -ve. When you then strip back the inner wire this is the +ve. These 2 wires are then connected to the speaker output from your new head unit. The colour of the inner insulation is the colour you match it up with on your stereo ie if green inner insulation, inner core goes to green speaker wire and outer stranded wire goes to green/black. Repeat this for other 3 RCA plugs. I used heat shrink to stop +ve and -ve wires touching after soldering. Hope this helps.

Regards Richard.