Engine fault.......cam shaft sensor ?

JEMAN

Hi all,

The engine light that came on was due to a cam shaft sensor on the code (drivers side). They did try at first by checking the old sensor which did work for a few days, but the problem came back. So now the garage I use have recommended a new sensor to be fitted. My question is can this been hopefully down to the sensor. The car runs fine, then all of the sudden try's to cut out and with a quick dip of the clutch, and a blat of the right foot it fires up and is fine but with the engine light, and esp/anti skid lights on.......anyone had this issue ??????

Yeah, me yesterday too (have you been driving my car !?!?). My engine light, esp etc came on. I did the peddle dance to reset the ecu to see if it came back.

Looking to get it in the garage asap to get checked but all searches on here point towards the cam shaft sensor regardless of other linked issues (my windows stopped working too)

• Like 1

yea i had this issue slip and vdc lights on mid track day at snetterton :dry: , then a few times after on the road over a few months

then got a Sensor from Zmanalex and been fine ever since :thumbs:

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1