Good dealers for 350Zs?

PZR

Hello gang, as some of you may know, I'm helping someone buy a 350Z, and it's not too easy to find the right one when they'll only buy from a good dealer.

I'm looking on Pistonheads, autotrader, nissan's used website, every day.

But I wondered if anyone had spotted a good Z or knew of any dealers that tend to get them in often?

And no tatty dealers, he won't buy anything from those :p

The criteria is <£18k

2003+

< 35-40k miles

Azure blue, sunsent orange, gunmetal grey.

RAYS wheels or aftermarket, anything but the awful standard wheels.

GT Pack

Doesn't have to be un-modified.

Must be a UK car

Do any of you know any good sites I could have a look on? or know of any cars from a good and reputable dealer that meet the criteria?

Preferably nothing more then 60-80miles from Ely.

I need all the help I can get finding the perfect Z :D

Cheers :thumbs:

Feel free to move this, I didn't know if it should be here or wanted, I figured here since it's more about dealers not wanting a private car.

You should be able to get what you are looking for in that price range. I got my GM 53 GT UK car w/26k miles for £18.5k a few months back with a 1yr warrenty and P3 service thrown in.

Any Nissan dealer will be able to be on the look out for one. When I went to my local they didnt have one, but they found one within a week. I would suggest finding the best dealer near you (the guys on here that live near you will help with that), and speak to them, see if they can get something in for you. Remember that a dealer is a lot more expensive than private, I think mine was about £1.5k over what private would have been, but you can haggle, I got 1yr warrenty and a P3 out of it :thumbs:

I've found him a few, the only problem is they're about 6 hours away :wacko:

And he doesn't want to go that far, since you obviously can't be 100% sure you're going to buy a car without seeing it.

Marshalls Nissan is the nearest to me, and in my eyes, Marshalls are the best dealers in the country, bar none.

They had a perfect car in, but the day he went to look at it, it had sold, same for the second car we went to look at :angry:

So I'm going to pop in there with him at some point to see if they can try and get another one in, and possibly get one of the nissan network cars in, they should be able to since they're an official nissan dealer, right?

It's always good to try and find out if there is anywhere else I can be keeping an eye out for him though B)

What is this P3 service you speak of? I'm not familiar with that :D

Cheers

My dealer keeps me "updated "of whats about every time I pop in. Definately the easiest way to get what you want as if he has a tatty one brought down for your inspection it doesnt mean the long drive and waste of time.

Shouldnt be a problem with the amount of Zeds I see on the M11/A14

B)

It sounds like Nissan dealers are fairly good at finding you a good car then, I would expect them to be, then they can take a big wad of cash off you :teeth:

All the years I've travelled on the M11/A14, I think I've seen one Zed :wacko:

And I never miss any special car :p

I feel neglected :cry:

PZR: Sounds like you already have a good dealer relationship. Might be worth getting it through them and get them to transport it to him as part of the deal? I know as part of the Nissan network, they normally want about 100 quid to transport it, but they'll do it for free if they want his business (and keep yours ;) ). Wont take long, as I say, my Nissan dealer got one within a week and that was inc a bank holiday weekend!

...do a search on Nissan.co.uk for used cars!?

There arent always that many avaialble on there. When I got mine they didnt have one the right age, spec and price. Local dealer managed to get hold of one through their Used Car Buyer. Also the Nissan used car site isnt particually up to date. I phoned a few dealers for cars on there and they'd already sold :thumbdown:

PZR: Sounds like you already have a good dealer relationship. Might be worth getting it through them and get them to transport it to him as part of the deal? I know as part of the Nissan network, they normally want about 100 quid to transport it, but they'll do it for free if they want his business (and keep yours ;) ). Wont take long, as I say, my Nissan dealer got one within a week and that was inc a bank holiday weekend!

Did they find you a car already in the nissan network, or did they wait and keep an eye on the network until a new one that suited your criteria was in the network?

Edit: whoops, missed your other post :blush:

The problem with the current network cars, is none of them really fit the criteria, this one would, but I don't think it has RAYS.

http://www.nissanusedcars.co.uk/control ... stID=73804

I would hope they'd get the cars to their garage for free, obviously not taking the pee with a different Z every few days :D they should see he's not a time waster, he's already got a scooby and he can pay in cash or just straight from debit card.

So he wouldn't be messing them about with finance or anything like that, although I'm not sure if they view finance as a good or bad thing, since ultimately they'll make more money once it's paid off :D

But Marshalls are definitely the best dealers in my view, any of you who've been there will know it's a fair bit bigger than your average dealership B)

Great reputatiton, if you bought a car from them a few years ago, you got lifetime free MOTs, which is quite a nice gesture, and I don't know anyone who's been scammed with false mot failures etc, I think it ended up being quite expensive in the end though, apparently they don't do it when you buy a car anymore :dry: , they still honour the deal for those who did though

So he would be far happier buying from them, we'll definitely be going in there to work something out.

:thumbs:

Hello gang, as some of you may know, I'm helping someone buy a 350Z, and it's not too easy to find the right one when they'll only buy from a good dealer.

I'm looking on Pistonheads, autotrader, nissan's used website, every day.

But I wondered if anyone had spotted a good Z or knew of any dealers that tend to get them in often?

And no tatty dealers, he won't buy anything from those :p

The criteria is <£18k

2003+

< 35-40k miles

Azure blue, sunsent orange, gunmetal grey.

RAYS wheels or aftermarket, anything but the awful standard wheels.

GT Pack

Doesn't have to be un-modified.

Must be a UK car

Do any of you know any good sites I could have a look on? or know of any cars from a good and reputable dealer that meet the criteria?

Preferably nothing more then 60-80miles from Ely.

I need all the help I can get finding the perfect Z :D

Cheers :thumbs:

Feel free to move this, I didn't know if it should be here or wanted, I figured here since it's more about dealers not wanting a private car.

I don't know if I can post this either but...I'm putting mine up for sale this weekend. 54 plate, 6500 miles, sunset, GT pack. PM me or reply on this thread. I'm in North London too so the train or driving down from Cambridge would be fairly easy.

Sorry edit - didn't realise you wanted to buy from a dealer before I posted. Great car though :teeth: