Suspension query

5HEDZ

Hi folks,

Wondering if any one can help out.

I've gathered a load of parts so far in preparation for when my wheels arrive next month, coilovers, rear camber arms, toe bolts.

Couple if questions, the coilovers I've bought are a one piece unit on the rear shock and spring on one unit rather than similar to standard. When it comes to having these fitted will I need any other arms etc that I've overlooked/don't know about?

From reading through here, it's looking like I'll want adjustable drop links if I want to run really low. Is this the case? Stopping preload on the arb's I believe.

Will I need front arms in order to fully adjust the front.

Anything else you guys can recommend as is rather just pull her apart once and fit everything in one go then dial in the geometry.

It's a 2008 roadster if that's if any bearing.

Thanks

Ryan

Most people wouldnt run true coilovers on the back as 350s arent like that standard

If you google 350z true coilovers it will come up with alot of info about making the rear stronger

But i wouldnt worry to much as a few members do run true setups

:)

Most people wouldnt run true coilovers on the back as 350s arent like that standard

If you google 350z true coilovers it will come up with alot of info about making the rear stronger

But i wouldnt worry to much as a few members do run true setups

:)

plus 1 to that . Iv dropped my car 30mm and I only needed camber arms and toe bolts left the front set up alone well apart from changing the springs :-) but if you go lower you will need to do more stuff as you already now. Upon fitting the coil overs it is advised to reinforce the top mount ( as my own research and getting ideas On how to lowing my car )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I actually hadn't paid attention when I bought the coilovers from jez that they were true coilovers, that'll teach me. So I then set about googling it and realised I could strengthen the rear turret or swap them for another set.

I have the camber arms, eibach toe bolts, adjustable drop links. Hopefully that's enough with the arch work to have the car down low on the new wheels.

Yeah I actually hadn't paid attention when I bought the coilovers from jez that they were true coilovers, that'll teach me. So I then set about googling it and realised I could strengthen the rear turret or swap them for another set.

I have the camber arms, eibach toe bolts, adjustable drop links. Hopefully that's enough with the arch work to have the car down low on the new wheels.

lol yep always check before you order anything :-). Just remember hunter wheel ailment kit is the only one that can do the ailment on a slammed zed :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True coilovers for Zed most likely to be quite soft, so don't need to strengthen tunnels, so I got told. But probably recommended to do it. I'm running true coilovers setup for 2 years now - touch wood, no problems so far!:)

Have you not discussed what you want to do with the traders? Serious, you should as part of your research into what can be done. Why not give whoever you got your kit from a bell or Ewen from Clark Motorsport on the forum...

You got to mind, traders are a business but when a business is run on a forum there only as good as their reputation, you know you will get the full picture and good advice, not just what is hot on the shelves...

Good luck with the build, cant wait till I'm at that point...